New Edge 1/4 mile ET/MPH

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
I have the honor of the worst 60' time in the 12 second club. It was the first time down the track since selling my 98 Cobra about 2 years before. I'll get there.... Just need gears and sticky tires.

JJP SVT

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Why would this be made sticky material? :shrug:

So when a person with a New Edge Cobra asks "how fast does my car go with these mods?" They can read the thread, find a car as close to theirs as possible, get an idea as to what the car can do, and then find out what it really does when they bring their car to the track.

:)

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
Laser - look at it this way, you have the fastest 99/01 with stock gears!

That's the ticket. It's not my driving- yeah. It's the gears (John Lovits voice)
Seriously I never thought of it that way. :beer:

Thanks!

Stitch

Established Member
Side note: Ran on 225/55 Dunlop Winter Tires. :burnout:
SCT Tune, Dr. Gas o/r X-pipe, Flowmaster Catback, K&N. 302rwhp.

Now have 4.30's with no traction and running 13.5's. :(

Last edited:

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Hooker Long Tubes, offroad X, Magnaflow Catback with a ton of holes in it...Nitto DRs that were beat to hell...Warm Bowling Green Day!

:coolman:

Last edited:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Well I just got back from the track today and this was my best so far ET/MPH:

1/4 ET 12.03
1/4 MPH 119.1
60ft a crappy 2.01

These were done with my 99 cobra:

Solid axle
4:30's
100 shot

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Since I am new with limited privl. I am posting up the information here:

99' "New Edge" Cobra.
60': 1.86
1/4 mile: [email protected]
10 psi Intercooled P1SC Procharger
IRS

My first time under the clock and track...ever, other than a few street races.
Ran at Dinwiddie under hot and humid weather -- 102 heat index.

Mods are numerous: 42 lb injectors, bassani headers and xpipe, flomstr catback, etc. Dyno'd (by Excessive Motorsports East) at last custom tune: 451.9 (max power) and 411.6 (max torque).

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Good run ex-PJ. What tires do you have on the car? If street DOT, then that is a pretty decent 60' for streets, 3.73 and IRS.

Sent you a PM.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
Good run ex-PJ. What tires do you have on the car? If street DOT, then that is a pretty decent 60' for streets, 3.73 and IRS.
I suppose you can call them street DOT, though prolly not legal enough to pass an inspection. ;-)
I ran it on a very old worn set of 275/40/17 Yokohama AVS DB S2's.
I was just surprised being I do some street racing and have never put myself under a situation to be timed other than by a state troopers speed gun, heh.

First time at track and first time the 99' was under a electronic stop watch. I think I could have done better, but then again, I could have done worse. The run gave me a chance to see what the 99' could bite, if you know what I mean. :)

Sent you a PM.
Thanks for the PM since I am obviously a noob here. Recieved and replied. Great folks here and some really good and informative reading.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
PM sent. Mods are in my sig and I was running good 'ol street tires. and it was a pro tree :nonono: You'd think that 4 runs and I'd learn to go on yellow....oh no.....:sleeping: 1.0 RT!!

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
14.06 @ 102.9 modless, completely unmolested except for a flowmaster catback with spare etc IRS the works, had exhaust leak and Fubared muffler.

Unprepped track (it's an airfield) and the dragstrip has an incline, don't remember how much of an incline, on stock 245 45 17 kumho ecstas.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
14.06 @ 102.9 modless, completely unmolested except for a flowmaster catback with spare etc IRS the works, had exhaust leak and Fubared muffler.

Unprepped track (it's an airfield) and the dragstrip has an incline, don't remember how much of an incline, on stock 245 45 17 kumho ecstas.

Users who are viewing this thread