New E63 vs me at the strip

badmpg03

Established Member
Nothing crazy but some fun for me not having any recent runs on the street:

Decided to hit the Houston Raceway Friday night to play around on street tires (888's are the tits).

Was side by side in staging lanes with a foreign guy in new black/black Mercedes E63. I was admiring his car however noticed he was looking over at me quite a bit, almost staring me down when we were in staging lanes up to burn out box :D
My car looks very stock but is just loud/lowered.

We are lined up, tree goes green and he rips me hard out of the hole. Dang! ....(read up on them and I believe the are AWD)
Then the fun starts. I manage to get through first, spin second a hair, 3rd hooks hard. Realin him in fast. Chased him down at the finish 11.0 @ 138 to his 11.1 @ 126

My times are horrendous but it felt good to give the AMG a run :cool:
Heading back next Friday with the slicks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice kill! Did you see him after the run? Was he still staring you down? LOL.

Adding slicks is going to lower the time nicely. Post up a new time slip here with the slicks.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
E63S have 603 hp and are AWD. They are sweeet. One of the nicest/fastest cars on the road that isn’t a super car. As usual with Mercedes, the options will kill you on the final price.

badmpg03

Established Member
Nice work. Still in the Cobra?
Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yessir, Cobra finally running good!

Nice kill! Did you see him after the run? Was he still staring you down? LOL.
Adding slicks is going to lower the time nicely. Post up a new time slip here with the slicks.

Saw his car back in staging area but never talked to him. Oh well
I would have thrown the slicks on, just likely would get booted off the track. I have no cage and pretty confident with tire the car would be mid 10's or faster

Debating on getting cage but my classic car insurance would go away since it is considered race car at that point. Dang!!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member

I would have thrown the slicks on, just likely would get booted off the track. I have no cage and pretty confident with tire the car would be mid 10's or faster

Debating on getting cage but my classic car insurance would go away since it is considered race car at that point. Dang!!
Who says the insurance company has to know that you put a cage in?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Impressive trap speed OP. Ho much power is your Cobra making?

I love the new biturbo AMG cars, btw.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
A work colleague had one of these and had nothing but problems with it. Cannot recall what it was, I think maybe it blew a head gasket right after he got it. Returned it with 2k miles and got into a dust up with the dealer that required a lawyer. He told me never to buy an AMG merc.....

patc84

Established Member
E63S have 603 hp and are AWD. They are sweeet. One of the nicest/fastest cars on the road that isn’t a super car. As usual with Mercedes, the options will kill you on the final price.

They actually make close to 690 crank horse. They are very under rated from factory.

Pat

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A work colleague had one of these and had nothing but problems with it. Cannot recall what it was, I think maybe it blew a head gasket right after he got it. Returned it with 2k miles and got into a dust up with the dealer that required a lawyer. He told me never to buy an AMG merc.....

Yikes!! Not good and thanks for sharing.

badmpg03

Established Member
Who says the insurance company has to know that you put a cage in?

If car was ever wrecked/recovered and adjuster came out and saw a cage in it, I think I get nada.

Impressive trap speed OP. Ho much power is your Cobra making?

I love the new biturbo AMG cars, btw.

Thanks! Made 812/701 at 19 psi but now has slight boost slip up top

B7BlownSnake

Established Member

There was, based on the Benz forums, issues with a few early 2018 E63s (first year for the 603hp version of 4.0TT) but that seems to have since been fixed. I'd say your friend is incorrect based on myself and my family owning several AMGs. Everyone I know who has issues with Benzes always stems from a crappy dealer.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member

You can still get agreed value coverage regardless of the mods. You just need to be upfront about it. Yes...your premium will be higher...but you will have full coverage...unless you have an accident at the track. But your regular classic insurance doesn’t cover you at the track anyway.

Coiled03

Established Member
There was, based on the Benz forums, issues with a few early 2018 E63s (first year for the 603hp version of 4.0TT) but that seems to have since been fixed. I'd say your friend is incorrect based on myself and my family owning several AMGs. Everyone I know who has issues with Benzes always stems from a crappy dealer.

Say what? Dealers don't design them or build them. They may provide a bad experience after something breaks. But the actual failure is due to the vehicle.

tvspower

Established Member
Agree.....

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I have bought many many mercedes at auction for the dealers I have worked for and we have gotten to the point if its out of power train warranty we dont buy them, especially the ml63, ml550, c63. Last one I bought was an 2012 ml63 with 60 some thousand miles and after I bought it I went out to drive it on the test track it ran and drove fine but check engine light was on, so I had the auction inspect and was hoping it was an easy fix because I was going to use it as my driver. I dont remember exactly what they said was wrong with it but between labor and parts it was around 3-4k to fix it. I didnt need the headache at the time so they let me out of the deal I was kinda pissed I had bout 2 prior to that one and the dealership had guys fly in to buy them as soon as they hit the internet the store made 5k a piece on the front end and probably another 2-3 on the back end. Any of the amg cars and suv's are hard to find and when you do find them they are either very well taken care of or they have had the shit kicked out of them and are going to be nothing but a problem child forever.

Users who are viewing this thread