New Dyno #s - Custom Predator Tune

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Had a problem with my first Predator - it was cutting out at only 6000rpm. The rev limiter was programed at 7500rpm but the computer kept pulling it at 6k.

Shawn Ellis at SoCal Diablo swapped the units for me and took care of the new tuning.

My last session left me with 435rwhp/450ft-lbs. We did not give it any more due to the RPMs cutting out too soon it seemed a might bit pointless.

After my session this morning, my final 2 pulls brought me:
462.3/456.4
454.7/460.7

I was very happy with the results. Mods are in sig, only using a Metco? interchangeable upper pulley with 2.93 ring, no idlers, no headers.

Dyno graph showed a bit of slippage above 6k, but I can't tell for sure due to my lack of a real boost guage.

Can't post the graph just yet since I'm at work.

Thanks to Shawn at SoCal Diablo for helping me with the rev limiter problem and getting me a bitchin new tune.:D

Juiced-03

Established Member
Probably a dumb question, but is there a way that tunes can be emailed between people for use with the Predator?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm pretty sure each tune is coded with the respective car's VIN # to keep people from getting them without paying :bash:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
I'm pretty sure each tune is coded with the respective car's VIN # to keep people from getting them without paying :bash:

My dealer does custom tunes for free as long as you bought the Predator from him.

Roush9703

Established Member
a bit off topic but 03 dsg how does the stinger sound with the bassani X

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Had a problem with my first Predator - it was cutting out at only 6000rpm. The rev limiter was programed at 7500rpm but the computer kept pulling it at 6k.

Shawn Ellis at SoCal Diablo swapped the units for me and took care of the new tuning.

My last session left me with 435rwhp/450ft-lbs. We did not give it any more due to the RPMs cutting out too soon it seemed a might bit pointless.

After my session this morning, my final 2 pulls brought me:
462.3/456.4
454.7/460.7

I was very happy with the results. Mods are in sig, only using a Metco? interchangeable upper pulley with 2.93 ring, no idlers, no headers.

Dyno graph showed a bit of slippage above 6k, but I can't tell for sure due to my lack of a real boost guage.

Can't post the graph just yet since I'm at work.

Thanks to Shawn at SoCal Diablo for helping me with the rev limiter problem and getting me a bitchin new tune.:D
:-D

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by Roush9703
a bit off topic but 03 dsg how does the stinger sound with the bassani X

I actually have the standard #14858 Borla kit not the stingers.

I love the sound. Could be a tiny bit louder, but its loud when you're outside the car. Its hard to notice how loud it is from inside.

Users who are viewing this thread