new dyno numbers

fr03cobra

Established Member
new numbers on 93 octane. trying to stay away from e85.

Attachments

• dyno.jpeg
    dyno.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 469

fr03cobra

Established Member
Just a 3.0 upper. put down 19psi. Thanks

AND
ALL THIS:
mods: Kooks 1 3/4 LT's,ID1000's,fore hat with dual 465 pumps, fore fuel rails,Killer Chiller,Kris-Starnes-Racing CNC ported heads,5.3L MOTOR . & 2.9L Polished Crusher Whipple

LOL

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why would you want to stay away from e85?

jblood37

Established Member
E85 is the bomb diggity haha. I made 13 more hp and 34 more tq on stock engine and heads with 2.9L non crusher. You would make some killer power on E85. Those numbers are fantastic for 93 though! Awesome!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JKDSVT

Established Member
I make 700/620 on 93 octane with a Whipple 3.4 non-crusher on the same boost as you. Stock engine, heads, cams. So we have very similar numbers. Nice! Now just change your mind on the E85 :)

badmpg03

Established Member
E85 is the bomb diggity haha. I made 13 more hp and 34 more tq on stock engine and heads with 2.9L non crusher. You would make some killer power on E85. Those numbers are fantastic for 93 though! Awesome!

With a little kb2.2 I made 44 more whp and 27 more tq with same pulleys/boost level.

Good numbers on 93. Agree with others on making the switch!

badmpg03

Established Member
staying away because of injector clogging and if I do a road trip it's not always available

Not trying to sway you but I have 2 different tunes on my handheld and I'm pretty rookie on tuning. If I want to switch to 93, just change the map and timing to the 93 mode. If I want to switch to E85, same thing you just need to flush the gas out of the tank when making the switch to higher timing. I would run a full tank of E before getting back hard on the car to make sure all 93 is out. Of course, I haven't actually made the switch yet. :D

jblood37

Established Member
Jameeson, those are some good numbers on 93 with a kb 2.2. I didn't know they were good for that much powa. fr03cobra, if that's all you're worried about I'd do like Jameeson is suggested and run 2 tunes. I may do that in the future as well

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
staying away because of injector clogging and if I do a road trip it's not always available

I guess I look at it differently. Especially on a built motor, I'd want all the added protection that e85 offers. I run 1oz per 6 gallons of Lucas ethanol treatment additive. I swapped out pumps about a year ago and the filter socks were perfectly clean. If your that worried about it, run a tank of 93 once in a while.

Like others mentioned, switching from one tune to another is easy. I've done it at the gas station. However, I hate running 92 now. I just drained a full tank of it and put e70 in.

ctgreddy

Established Member

Injector clogging is a myth as long as you dont let it sit long(long as in a year or so). I've ran the same injectors for almost 3 years now with e85. Flowed them over the winter just to check and still perfect.

Like others said, two tunes and you're golden, or just plan accordingly. Every year I take my car to my states upper peninsula for a vacation(400 miles one way) and there's no e85 up there. I bring some with me and fill up where I can and never had a problem. I still get almost 20mpg highway on e85 with 750whp.

fr03cobra

Established Member
Injector clogging is a myth as long as you dont let it sit long(long as in a year or so). I've ran the same injectors for almost 3 years now with e85. Flowed them over the winter just to check and still perfect.

Like others said, two tunes and you're golden, or just plan accordingly. Every year I take my car to my states upper peninsula for a vacation(400 miles one way) and there's no e85 up there. I bring some with me and fill up where I can and never had a problem. I still get almost 20mpg highway on e85 with 750whp.

Cool, I will play with this setup for alittle and think about the e85 with more psi in about 6 months or so.. Thanks for the input.

LouieMoo

Established Member
Yeah I've got an 03 Cobra as well with 32k miles on it with a KB 2.8 at 17psi, 60lb injectors and long tube headers and I'm pushing 650rwhp on 93. I can't switch to E85 fast enough. But my goal is to have the conversion done this time next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread