New Dyno Numbers VMP TVS

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
After installing the 72lb injectors, I took the Shelby back to the dyno for tweaking. The previous dyno session resulted in the car running out of fuel around 5700 rpms. My mods are VMP Ported TVS and VMP ported plenum, 2.5 upper, L&M twin 66mm tb, Steeda CAI, SLP hi-flow cat, SLP axle-back, 72lb injectors, and a Metco snub idler.
Final numbers after tuning are 711 rwhp and 703 rwt! This is a super great supercharger! After debating on a Whipple or a KB, I am glad I decided on this set-up! Thanks Justin!!:beer:

BlueOvalPride

Established Member
That's awesome...I was debating on the other 2 as well but think I'm headed down to FL for the TVS install after I find my exhaust setup. Anyway those are great numbers and congrats man!!! Oh and enjoy :)

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
so what is the opinion on high-flow cats. I am about to have the VMP TVS installed and I hear the high-flow cats don't last too long and will STILL cause the car to not pass emissions.

Any tuners still leaving on the factory engine management control for sensing overheating cats and dumping in more fuel to cool them off?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
That seems high without a lower, still great numbers. What's ur maf counts look like with the addition of the tb on the steeda intake. Is it the 113mm one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
so what is the opinion on high-flow cats. I am about to have the VMP TVS installed and I hear the high-flow cats don't last too long and will STILL cause the car to not pass emissions.

Any tuners still leaving on the factory engine management control for sensing overheating cats and dumping in more fuel to cool them off?

For ease of mind, run an o/r x 11 months out of the year, and throw the cats on for when emissions is due. That's what I do, and you'll need 2 identical tunes with one having the rear o2's on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what the MAF counts were. And yea, it's the Steeda 113mm one.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
dyno711.jpg

staged222

Established Member
Dyno #'s

HOW MUCH BOOST/TIMING DID YOU RUN FOR THE 711rwhp?

ARE YOU RUNNING THE STOCK LOWER OR THE 10% OD??

USING A BAP?

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I have just the VMP 2.5 upper, no lower. No BAP. It made right at 18 lbs with the ported VMP elbow, L&M Twin 66mm TB and a Steeda CAI.

acobra03

Established Member
Very impressive. I have a similar set up but didn't dyno anything close to what you achieved. My tuner said my 47lb injectors and fuel pump was as far as he wanted to push it and my 114mm C&L intake was maxed. It was a 90plus degree day with a ton of humidity and the computer pulled timing to 15degrees resulting in 571rwhp and 537rqtq. I was kind of surprised with the low torque number. Since then I ordered a BAP, 60lb injectors and the JLT 127mm CAI. If I make 630 to 650 at the wheels I'll be happy. Congrats on the results.

Dadz500

Established Member
Those are some nice numbers! I would pick Justin and VMP over any of the others any day. Nothing better then supporting a small business and dealing with someone who can do the install, the tune, trouble shoot if needed and do it all properly. Justin tunes all my cars and never have even thought of using someone else. Great company and great guy. And as an FYI, his Brother is also in the parts business and makes some cool stuff. Just Google Starkey Mustang Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread