New driver woes

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did the kid come tell you he hit your mailbox?

Sent from my Potato

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Jeeezus! Definitely needs more practice. I guess I was lucky to grow up driving riding mowers and the like. Taught me small fundamentals I guess. Never had issues driving…except with going too fast

96dreamer

Established Member
you need to ask if he had visited 2 other times maybe you could solve the mystery of your mailbox. That is pitiful.
The first two times were well before this kid started driving however they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so I am sure it was a relative.
Did the kid come tell you he hit your mailbox?

Sent from my Potato
I was actually standing right behind my truck talking to a guy about trimming my tree. Watched the whole thing happen but we were both so awestruck neither of us yelled anything. Not sure it would have helped since he had all the windows up and the radio blaring.

He got out after he hit my mailbox and asked if he broke it. I told him not to worry about the mailbox but that his car was pretty messed up. He went back in and told great grandma he accidentally ran over one of her land scaping lights but left everything else out so I showed her the video.

He ripped either a power steering or trans line off the car and left a trail down the road when I left. I went over after I saw that and let me neighbor she should call him before he lost power steering. Can't imagine how bad a driver he would be without power steering if this is the best he's got with it.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to see him back a trailer.
Especially launching a boat, odds are high it'd be like sitting at the front rows of Sea World, and might get soaked.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
The first two times were well before this kid started driving however they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so I am sure it was a relative.

I was actually standing right behind my truck talking to a guy about trimming my tree. Watched the whole thing happen but we were both so awestruck neither of us yelled anything. Not sure it would have helped since he had all the windows up and the radio blaring.

He got out after he hit my mailbox and asked if he broke it. I told him not to worry about the mailbox but that his car was pretty messed up. He went back in and told great grandma he accidentally ran over one of her land scaping lights but left everything else out so I showed her the video.

He ripped either a power steering or trans line off the car and left a trail down the road when I left. I went over after I saw that and let me neighbor she should call him before he lost power steering. Can't imagine how bad a driver he would be without power steering if this is the best he's got with it.
Man what a nightmare.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Sounds like you survived I-4 Orlando on a weekend, bumper to bumper at 30 over the speed limit is no joke lol.
True story...i often wonder how i made through orlando 100s and 100s of times over unscathed

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you survived I-4 Orlando on a weekend, bumper to bumper at 30 over the speed limit is no joke lol.

I think Miami/Ft Lauderdale is worse. Never seen a clapped out 90's exploder weave 5 lanes like the matrix chase till I went south of Palm Beach County.

96dreamer

Established Member
How old is your neighbor that they have a 16 year old great-great grandson?
I've never asked but she has to be in her mid late 80s and is a much better driver than this kid lol. She still push mows her yard most of the time.

She also said great great grandson but that may have been a mistake. Great grandson would make more sense with how old her kids look to be.

Rare40th

Established Member
Watching my folks live across the street from a school, I can not count how many times middle aged people took out their mailbox and their neighbors.
Glad there wasn't a kid standing there.

Sorry man but this was quite funny. The sound when it comes off of the small ledge almost had me in tears.

VegasMichael

Established Member
When I was learning to drive I had trouble backing up using just the mirrors like my dad showed me. It was until I started turning around to look out the rear windshield while I was in reverse that I was able to get it down right.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
16+16+16+16+16 = 80. Maybe lower if they had their kids at age 14 ;)

My sons has a great grandmother who is in her 70's due to USSR women having kids at 22 for multiple generations lol.

Seen some articles where the great great grandma meets her great-great grandson but she's like 108 and he's 0 lol.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That sucks! Side question, which Reolink system do you have? They are at the top of my list of systems to buy (Annke or Eufy being the other choices).

96dreamer

Established Member
That sucks! Side question, which Reolink system do you have? They are at the top of my list of systems to buy (Annke or Eufy being the other choices).
Its the 8 channel nvr with the 4 4k cameras, RLK8-800B4 is the system model number. I Also added a 5mp dome camera in the garage and a 4mp PTZ wifi camera we use as a baby monitor. For the price I have no complaints. The motion detection is a little sloppy even with the zones fine tuned. I'd be curious to see how their new person/vehicle detection cameras work.

Users who are viewing this thread