New Drag Radial from Micky Thompson for 15"-20" wheels

Torchy

Established Member
Soo I came across this the other day and was wondering what yall think or if anyone has used them yet. Looks to be the same tire as the ET Street Radial 2 but with a different tread pattern better suited for hydroplaning. It has the same rubber compound as well.

FWIW I have driven on ET Street Radial 2's brand new in the rain on a 18" wheel and it wanted to hydroplane at 50mph or higher so this might be good.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetSS

evil281

Established Member
This looks like a good option. I may need a better tire than the NT555R now that my VMP kit is on. They even have the 305/35/20 I need.

Torchy

Established Member
This looks like a good option. I may need a better tire than the NT555R now that my VMP kit is on. They even have the 305/35/20 I need.

Yep exactly, they have our sizes. They even have a 335/25-20 which makes this the widest DR on the market!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Yep exactly, they have our sizes. They even have a 335/25-20 which makes this the widest DR on the market!

Really!?? Thats awesome!!! A must buy if it will fit my TF's! Ahhh never mind they are too short 26.6 vs 28+

Last edited:

mjohns930

Established Member
Just ordered a pair of the 305/40R18s from Jegs. They are supposed to ship on the 24th. I don't make much more than stock power through a 6R80, so I am quite sure they will be fine.

Torchy

Established Member
Just ordered a pair of the 305/40R18s from Jegs. They are supposed to ship on the 24th. I don't make much more than stock power through a 6R80, so I am quite sure they will be fine.

Let us know how they go. I am trying to order a set now.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome, might try these once my r888 wear out. They cost about the same, doubt they will last as long though.

rhite95

Established Member
I am going to need to order a set also just not sure what size to go with. I have 20x9.5 wheels I want to go with the 305/35's but they say 10 wide wheels. I know a lot of people run them on stock wheels. Might just try the 275/40's

mjohns930

Established Member
Just got mine in. Way earlier than expected. Hopefully get them mounted sometime in the next couple weeks.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just got mine in. Way earlier than expected. Hopefully get them mounted sometime in the next couple weeks.

Better check to see if they are outta round. I bought a set and 1 of them was outta round my buddy bought 2 set and 2 of them were outta round. Its a common problem with M/t's! Just roll them on flat pavement if they wobble you gotta problem!

rhite95

Established Member
Better check to see if they are outta round. I bought a set and 1 of them was outta round my buddy bought 2 set and 2 of them were outta round. Its a common problem with M/t's! Just roll them on flat pavement if they wobble you gotta problem!

Was that with the new SS mt's?

nosscort

Established Member

I to have a set of MT's 305/35/20 that are out of round. Found this out after having them put on a car in the shop and they did not fit (tire shop never mentioned them to be out of round) After selling them the new owner tried to have them re balanced at several shops and the tires were found to be out of round

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I to have a set of MT's 305/35/20 that are out of round. Found this out after having them put on a car in the shop and they did not fit (tire shop never mentioned them to be out of round) After selling them the new owner tried to have them re balanced at several shops and the tires were found to be out of round

For this reason i switched to 305/35/19 nitto nt05r's which i like better because they have a stiffer sidewall and street tire like handling. They hook just as good as my old Mt's!! They are $251 each at discount tire with free shipping!

Torchy

Established Member
Wow I didn't know that was a common problem on those tires. Maybe they fixed it with the S/S model.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Id love to get some feedback on these tires as a possible competitor to the 555Rs. I will be needing a streetable DD tire that can also hook in the near future and have really only been able to come to the Nittos doing the job.

lenny127

Established Member
I've thought about trying these out but they're pricey like all of MT crap , I run 305/35/19 NT05r and cut 1.6s on M 3.73 , I got 8k miles on them and probably 1/3 life left so I am not in a hurry to switch . Plus they corner decently

Users who are viewing this thread