New daily driver...one new pic :)

dlt85

Established Member
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a pic of the new daily driver. 2002 model. Great car if you are willing to put up with the typical European maintenance headaches. Doesn't seem too fast at all till you hit 4k, then the power comes on VIOLENTLY and the bitch tries to run you off the road...with traction/stability control ON lol. Handling is like HEAVEN for a car this size. Anyway, enjoy, more pics to come cuz it rained all of a sudden. Questions/comments welcome.
DSCN0531.jpg

bubbrubb

Doesn't seem too fast at all till you hit 4k, then the power comes on VIOLENTLY and the bitch tries to run you off the road...with traction/stability control ON lol.
whaaaaaaaaaat? I used to drive an s54 powered 01 M Roadster and that isn't the way I remember it... smooth as silk all the way through the entire RPM range with a nice shriek as it gets near redline :rockon:

regardless, beautiful car I'd love to have one as a weekender let alone a daily! What kinda mileage does it get as a daily?

KindaStock

Established Member
how much did you pay for it?
I would love to get into something like that. The looks of the m3 are unrivaled.
Sharp looking car man

vulture

Established Member
Very nice ride for a daily . Im sure gas isnt a ton better than a cobra though .

dlt85

Established Member
whaaaaaaaaaat? I used to drive an s54 powered 01 M Roadster and that isn't the way I remember it... smooth as silk all the way through the entire RPM range with a nice shriek as it gets near redline :rockon:

regardless, beautiful car I'd love to have one as a weekender let alone a daily! What kinda mileage does it get as a daily?

that's what I thought it would be like cuz my GF's 330ci is really smooth with the power, but they way this car feels...it has a real bite. Maybe i should say punching it from a 3k roll feels "normal", but punching from 4k gives you a kick in the ass that you didn't think the car had. Anyway, 80% highway driving for me and i get 24mpg, haven't gotten more, worse tank was average of 20 mpg.

edit: in addition, good time to buy some rite now, 50-60k miles will cost you bout 22-24k. Mine was 17,800

Last edited:

homer302

Banned
Is that ride height stock? Looks nice. Also are you required to run 93 octane in it and is the insurance comparable to a Terminator?

Thanks and nice ride. My DD ride is a $5K Ranger I paid cash for LOL. What a beast. I think you might have me beat.
:lol1:

bubbrubb

that's what I thought it would be like cuz my GF's 330ci is really smooth with the power, but they way this car feels...it has a real bite. Maybe i should say punching it from a 3k roll feels "normal", but punching from 4k gives you a kick in the ass that you didn't think the car had. Anyway, 80% highway driving for me and i get 24mpg, haven't gotten more, worse tank was average of 20 mpg.

edit: in addition, good time to buy some rite now, 50-60k miles will cost you bout 22-24k. Mine was 17,800

ohhhhhh ok I get what you're saying then, and I agree with you completely :beer:

Also I'm not sure if you know this or not but, the s54 is the motor your car has, in 2001 they put them in the M Roadster (Z3) and it made for a very fun ride. Those motors really come alive when the RPMs come up!

I'd love to get one to replace my H3, but I want/need something either AWD or FWD for those wonderful snowy days in the hilly areas of Pittsburgh where getting stuck is a pathetic reality.

dlt85

Established Member
Is that ride height stock? Looks nice. Also are you required to run 93 octane in it and is the insurance comparable to a Terminator?

Thanks and nice ride. My DD ride is a $5K Ranger I paid cash for LOL. What a beast. I think you might have me beat.
:lol1:

It has KW Variant II coilovers set about 1.5 in from the highest setting. Iono how my insurance compares to a 03 cobra, but i'm 23/nurse/safe suburban area/no accident or moving violations = $850 semi annual.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Doesn't seem too fast at all till you hit 4k, then the power comes on VIOLENTLY and the bitch tries to run you off the road...with traction/stability control ON lol.

Vtec?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread