New Daily/commuter

TaraFirma

Established Member
Our 2011 Fusion (bought new) has been pulling DD duties for me ever since my wife got her 2019 Mustang GT. While it's been a good car, I've wanted something much nicer since my commute (once a week) is 160ish miles. I looked at used 5series BMW's and some MB cars but really wasn't impressed since there are features that are on my wifes GT and our King Ranch F-150 that aren't even available on the BMW or MB. I also drove the Genesis G70, which immediately went to the top of the short list, but I was hesitant as its a first year model and represented an unknown.
After driving a Panamera and doing some research, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I know maintenance will be higher, along with cost of ownership, but we are at a point in our lives where we can afford it. You only live once and you can't take it with you right?
I was watching this car on cargurus for a couple of months. On day 60, I secured financing with our bank (USAA), and made a reasonable offer on day 61 to Porsche of North Houston. This was by far the best and smoothest car buying experience I've ever been through.

CPO 2014 Porsche Panamera S eHybrid with just under 40k miles.
panny3.jpg
panny2.jpeg
IMG_7391.jpg

TaraFirma

Established Member
Nice. What's the range for it?
Electric alone, not a lot. About 15ish miles. my commute is mostly done with the SC v6 under the hood, but it does get shut off under light load/cruising. Once I'm here at work though, between our base, and our crew house, I haven't needed the ICE since Wednesday, and won't again until I head home on Tuesday night. Back home if/when I use it i use the electric motor probably 80% of the time.
If the weather is nice though, I'm in my GT350 or my foxbody. If weather is bad, I usually just drive our F-150.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
...and with the acid green (I think that's it's proper color) brake calipers....NICE!

A local guy had one just like that, and I always loved how the car blends in, looking average...except the brakes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, those green calipers are awesome! Congratulations. That's a good looking car. Might take you some time to learn all of those buttons on the console. Wow! Looks like the cockpit of a small aircraft.
upload_2019-12-16_4-45-1.png

Users who are viewing this thread