New daily BMW i8

Fat Boss

Established Member
My friend bought one about the same time I bought my Shelby, about four years ago. His is now worth, as you pointed out, about half that now. Hard to envision making money on a car that's falling in value, but maybe it's bottomed and will rise with the tide.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I’ll probably take the body kit off. I found the previous owner. He owns a custom car shop in Lincoln Nebraska. He sent me a video of the car without the kit and just the rims. Looks pretty good. Bad part is he drilled small holes on the trunk to put the wing. Rubber plugs? Or body shop to repair? Thoughts?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My friend bought one about the same time I bought my Shelby, about four years ago. His is now worth, as you pointed out, about half that now. Hard to envision making money on a car that's falling in value, but maybe it's bottomed and will rise with the tide.

I feel like electric car values will just drop. A few will hold a value in the future, but not like combustion cars. All these electric cars are still very primitive in the grand scheme of things. Technology progresses so quickly, no one is going to want old tech.
That's my thought on it anyway.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll probably take the body kit off. I found the previous owner. He owns a custom car shop in Lincoln Nebraska. He sent me a video of the car without the kit and just the rims. Looks pretty good. Bad part is he drilled small holes on the trunk to put the wing. Rubber plugs? Or body shop to repair? Thoughts?
Rubber plugs on my trunk would drive me crazy, thats way too visible. If youre gonna pull the wing then you should fill the holes properly, hell even some paint matched plastic bumper plugs would be better than rubber ones.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sound is relative, of course. The only thing that matters is that @ArabianOak is happy (for now) with his i8. It will definitely get some looks. I have never seen on in the wild.

ArabianOak

Established Member
“ I wasn’t getting enough attention in the Tesla so I got this “
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread