New D&D T56 or rebuild (also DFX?)?

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
The car is my daily driver and I cant afford much down time. I've read where people go for a rebuild and end up paying the same or more than a new upgraded D&D T56. I think I have 3-4 syncro damage, 3-4 slider/shift fork damage, and sounds like something now in 5-6. Still goes in all six gears but grinds on the 3 and 4 and makes noise in 5 and 6. What would you do?

Also since I'm doing tranny work I was thinking about the DFX clutch. Would this be a good clutch for my mods and a daily driver?

HISTORY
I just added a 2.76 and went out to log a/f with my WBC. I logged a 3rd gear run (2500 rpm to 6500 rpm) and then shifted into 4th and coasted to turn around. The tranny was LOCKED in 4th and would not budge! I sat there for 15 minutes (in a driveway) and finally it went into other gears. Everything seems ok but 3rd and 4th shift had a slight grind. It did this once before about 2 months ago when I was out running it hard before adding the 2.76.

UPDATE - today 3rd and 4th still grind and I'm getting noice in 5th and 6th now! :angry:

History
At 8,000 miles the stock cluch was replaced with SPEC stage 3 during repair of TOB guide tube.
At 35,000 miles the SPEC was replaced with a stock clutch, updated front plate, stock flywheel, etc for another repair of the TOB guide tube.
I'm at 54,000 miles now and just added the 2.76, tune, HE, catted X, and WBC.

Users who are viewing this thread