New Credit Card stats….storm is brewing

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here. Cost cocurrently hasa $1k+ rebate check waiting for us for using their CC. Last year it bought our 82” tv. I use it for down payment on car purchases as well when possible. Just racking up points!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
We do the same, tuition, bills, house upgrades/maintenance, any and everything we can. We cash in our points every year for Christmas shopping.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
same ones that leave a job with benefits for a job without em bc now they can say they make more per hour...

had a welder leave for a warehouse job because everything was better - pay, benefits etc... too bad he forgot to calculate that over time pay, they don't allow OT and now he has to work two jobs (more total hours, making barely over what he was before)
Was that dude just a "trigger puller" or a certified welder???

C2tuck

Established Member
Same here except we use a CC for everything just to rake in the rewards and keep our score up. Its always paid so we never get hit with any charges.

That has to be a nice feeling, currently debating on paying off our home even faster (already 10 ahead on a 30 year) or buying some hunting property somewhere nearby.

With the cost of land skyrocketing lately, I’d say get the land.

My house is almost paid for and I could easily write a check tomorrow for the balance, but it’s such a cheap loan (20+ years ago) that I don’t want to. We’ve been seriously talking about the same lately and buying a chunk somewhere to eventually build the forever home and shop on.

Having shit paid off is nice, but knowing you can at any time is a close second.

Adower

Established Member
And our union contract is up and fighting for more wages. Inflation has been over 8% for how long....

So we are all voting on what's been proposed. Which is 1.50/hr raise for the first year, then 3.5% the second year, and 2% the third year. Our union members say this is the best it's going to get....

This equals only roughly 6.5% and not even close to the current inflation over the last couple years. It will likely pass, because too many people are cowards in fighting for more.

What a joke....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I’m a state worker and our contract is up June 2023. Our union is asking for a 10% raise over 2023/24. I’m not holding my breath!

LS WUT

Established Member
Average American had around $750 in their savings account. Even less from 18-30. Seems wild to me I guess. We are for sure heading for something. Good thing my double wide trailer is almost paid off. Sheesh.

q6543

Established Member
Isn’t that double/triple what it was pre Covid.

I seem to remember a decade or more of “Americans can’t cover a $400 expense”

Morgan

Established Member
Google just laid off 12,000 employees which furthers the trend in tech.

Just read an article suggesting that increases in household debt and unemployment rates may lead to higher interest rates as a method of controlling access to capital. Rough days ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread