New coyote 5.0 V8 dyno'd at 395 RWHP! (440 @ crank)

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
any updates on this motor w/ fi applications? I see my local performance shop, (DynoSpeed Racing - Performance Parts and Dyno Tuning) is offering two stage whipple applications...1@525hp and 2@624hp... not sure if thats whp or not, but just wondering if anyone has herd anything, plan on getting a 13' GT w/ a whipple installed shortly after purchase.

holy thread res batman. How do you want one of these cars but not know anything about them yet? There making 580+whp with most base supercharger and over 650whp with turbos. They have gone 9's on the stock motor, trans, rearend. Youtube.com, you'll find DOZENS of vids.

SkyNet101

Established Member
^^^right, maybe i should of reworded the question. When i said "updates" i ment any followups to f/i installs....but i guess no news is good news and people are out having fun with the cars instead of posting how they are holding up "under pressure"

98ss88mm

Established Member
to answer your other question, those are 'flywheel' numbers on the whipple kits. But dont run the FRPP tune, get a real tune and you can bust 600rwhp with the bigger whipple kit im sure.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Everyone is raving about this new GT. I think its great that ford bounced back with a N/A engine to compete with what chevy has been doing. Some thoughts on this new powerplant are that as much that went into engineering I dont think there will be much with aftermarket resulting in bang for the buck mods (intake, headers, and the such). As far as the comp ratio, 11:1 is not a CR that you want to run FI. I can see all sorts of problems with this as thats why the engine makes the power it does. And to boot, a N/A engine that you will have to run 91/93 octane.

I am not trying to bash these cars in no way, once again I think its a great car, but dont think it will even begin to compete with terminators or GT500's. I may be mistaken though.........we will see.

In the meantime I will be sitting idle waiting for the first one to challenge the cobra.

These cars are the Reason 03-04 resale value is decreasing. The car will
Have a huge ongoing market for parts as it already does. It will not need as much boost as lower compression cars but will still make more HP at lower levels regardless. My 01 when it had a vortech ran the train on eaton cars on 16 psi just like a intake tune exhaust GT will run the train on some bolt on 03/04s. The stalled auto versions already do work.

Users who are viewing this thread