New Cobra Owner

Lynusan

Established Member
Then go Tan Rally/racing stripes :rollseyes It will mesh very well that way :beer:

Haha, if I could only tell you just how much I don't like tan.......

As sexy as the car is...it definitely wasn't a purchase I made ever thinking that I would own the car. My husband loves everything about the color combos on the car though :lol1:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Haha, if I could only tell you just how much I don't like tan.......

As sexy as the car is...it definitely wasn't a purchase I made ever thinking that I would own the car. My husband loves everything about the color combos on the car though :lol1:

What does your husband drive?

HouseOfPower

Wow, great thread.

OP-I would get a front lip too. Ever seen the underside of your front bumper? I'm sure you have, it looks unfinished, forgotten about, and makes you cringe when you see it.

Cover it.

A Termi bumper lip fits nicely or the Mach 1, but the Mach 1 doesn't fit the best.

Then I would tighten up that noodle of a vert chassis with some subframe connectors and lower it. Lightbar is sweet. Do what you want--it's not 'your car' until you have done with it what YOU like.

they come with SFC already on them don't they? 99 verts did I'm almost certain

steeltoe

Established Member
Racing Stripes= Ford
Rally Stripes = Chevy

OMFG THE WORLD WILL END THEY ARE CALLED THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynusan

Established Member
What does your husband drive?

Well...right now he drives a humvee lol.

However, what he drives when he's not deployed is a jeep grand cherokee limited w/ a hemi. He likes mustangs and had been talking about wanting to eventually buy a v8 as a playtoy for himself one day.

I used to drive an elantra gt until this last Feb when some asshat decided he wanted to go 80+ in the snow and ice on the freeway, clipped me, sent me spinning and crashing into the ditch (and then drove away without stopping). So my car got totaled and I had been driving my husband's jeep.

So, I was supposed to go out looking for a car for me but I figured that I would start looking for a mustang for him and when it came time to ship him his jeep to Germany, I would actually send the cobra as a surprise and just keep his jeep here.

Well, the SAME weekend I drove out of town to pick up his car, he had closed a deal with someone online for a Viper that was supposed to be a graduation gift to me (I'm about 4 weeks out from finishing my 2nd degree). I got back home from NM and he told me that I needed to drive to Denver to pick something up but that I would need to take someone w/ me so that I could get the jeep back. It wasn't until that exact moment that it all came out between both of us (how's that for poor communication problems in a marriage haha!).

Needless to say, he didn't really look into what the cost of insurance would be for me on the Viper (yea yea....before I met my husband I used to have a *SLIGHT* speeding problem...and so I still have a few tickets that haven't dropped off my record yet........). Needless to say, all around it was cheaper to keep the cobra for every conceivable reason, so I'm in the middle of selling the Viper right now. He really wants his jeep sent to him when he gets to Germany too, rather than the cobra. That jeep is his baby and he already cringes from having let me drive it for the last few months lol! So he sort of gets the best of both worlds this way. He gets to have his jeep, and when I get to Germany he'll get to drive the cobra too. (And we're not going bankrupt from my insurance on me owning a viper lol).

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Well...right now he drives a humvee lol.

However, what he drives when he's not deployed is a jeep grand cherokee limited w/ a hemi. He likes mustangs and had been talking about wanting to eventually buy a v8 as a playtoy for himself one day.

I used to drive an elantra gt until this last Feb when some asshat decided he wanted to go 80+ in the snow and ice on the freeway, clipped me, sent me spinning and crashing into the ditch (and then drove away without stopping). So my car got totaled and I had been driving my husband's jeep.

So, I was supposed to go out looking for a car for me but I figured that I would start looking for a mustang for him and when it came time to ship him his jeep to Germany, I would actually send the cobra as a surprise and just keep his jeep here.

Well, the SAME weekend I drove out of town to pick up his car, he had closed a deal with someone online for a Viper that was supposed to be a graduation gift to me (I'm about 4 weeks out from finishing my 2nd degree). I got back home from NM and he told me that I needed to drive to Denver to pick something up but that I would need to take someone w/ me so that I could get the jeep back. It wasn't until that exact moment that it all came out between both of us (how's that for poor communication problems in a marriage haha!).

Needless to say, he didn't really look into what the cost of insurance would be for me on the Viper (yea yea....before I met my husband I used to have a *SLIGHT* speeding problem...and so I still have a few tickets that haven't dropped off my record yet........). Needless to say, all around it was cheaper to keep the cobra for every conceivable reason, so I'm in the middle of selling the Viper right now. He really wants his jeep sent to him when he gets to Germany too, rather than the cobra. That jeep is his baby and he already cringes from having let me drive it for the last few months lol! So he sort of gets the best of both worlds this way. He gets to have his jeep, and when I get to Germany he'll get to drive the cobra too. (And we're not going bankrupt from my insurance on me owning a viper lol).

What degree do you have?

Did you get any pics of the Viper? What year was it? Too bad you couldn't have kept that instead of the Mustang lol.

Lynusan

Established Member
What degree do you have?

Did you get any pics of the Viper? What year was it? Too bad you couldn't have kept that instead of the Mustang lol.

Ya know, come to think of it, I didn't even sit in the Viper once. I saw it but my friend that drove up there with me drove it back to my place (I probably should have taken the opportunity to drive it lol....if you can't tell, high performance cars scare me still haha). We already stuck it on a truck and shipped it to Idaho a few days ago. My parent's neighbors are buying it, which made it an easy sale. I knew the people from growing up. I would have loved to have kept it too, but the insurance alone was more than double what it is for the cobra..and the cost of the car itself...well, lets just say my husband, even though VERY well intentioned, isn't always the most financial minded. We could have afforded it but we would have been living hand-to-mouth until I start working again and I kind of enjoy being able to get most of our debt paid off at the moment.

As for my degrees, my first is...*cough cough*....social science. (The most worthless degree anyone could ever possibly have....) and what I'm finishing right now is a degree in Finance. I actually really enjoy the industry and I loved doing personal finance and retirement planning so I can't wait to get done with classes and go get my certifications.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Ya know, come to think of it, I didn't even sit in the Viper once. I saw it but my friend that drove up there with me drove it back to my place (I probably should have taken the opportunity to drive it lol....if you can't tell, high performance cars scare me still haha). We already stuck it on a truck and shipped it to Idaho a few days ago. My parent's neighbors are buying it, which made it an easy sale. I knew the people from growing up. I would have loved to have kept it too, but the insurance alone was more than double what it is for the cobra..and the cost of the car itself...well, lets just say my husband, even though VERY well intentioned, isn't always the most financial minded. We could have afforded it but we would have been living hand-to-mouth until I start working again and I kind of enjoy being able to get most of our debt paid off at the moment.

As for my degrees, my first is...*cough cough*....social science. (The most worthless degree anyone could ever possibly have....) and what I'm finishing right now is a degree in Finance. I actually really enjoy the industry and I loved doing personal finance and retirement planning so I can't wait to get done with classes and go get my certifications.

Ah, well that's cool. We have no car payments which is REALLY nice. I like knowing I own my car and the bank doesn't. :banana:. We will probably look into buying a Cobra after graduation but for now I enjoy having no payments to make.

Yeah, there's not much you can do with those kind of degrees lol. I have a friend with a degree in Family Science. One of the easiest degrees I've ever seen. Her classes were laughable. Finance will be much better especially in terms of job outlook.

Lynusan

Established Member
Oh yeah, sorry it was an 03 Viper. So you can see the HUGE cost difference...and I HATE debt so that car had to go.

Lynusan

Established Member
Ah, well that's cool. We have no car payments which is REALLY nice. I like knowing I own my car and the bank doesn't. :banana:. We will probably look into buying a Cobra after graduation but for now I enjoy having no payments to make.

Yeah, there's not much you can do with those kind of degrees lol. I have a friend with a degree in Family Science. One of the easiest degrees I've ever seen. Her classes were laughable. Finance will be much better especially in terms of job outlook.

Oh definitely having no car payments is nice! We do have payments on the Cobra but only because I'm not working at the moment. I have been holding down 7 classes each semester plus taking interim classes on the breaks so I'm not really able to work right now if I want to maintain grades. But in a few months here I'll start pulling an income and we'll have my car AND his jeep paid off which will be nice. I'm so glad that we are entirely rid of all our credit cards. We pay for everything in cash at this point. We still have one card that has a balance on it, but it's closed, as are the rest of ours. I'm waiting for the day when our paycheck comes entirely to us rather than right back out the door to everyone else lol. The only thing I don't mind carrying debt on is our house.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Lol, mr douche got pwnt by a girl. If you wouldn't be so quick to thump on your little chest and fight for a chick that's not even your wife, maybe you wouldn't look like an ass.

Nice car though OP, you'll love it. G/l with mods

HouseOfPower

Lol, mr douche got pwnt by a girl. If you wouldn't be so quick to thump on your little chest and fight for a chick that's not even your wife, maybe you wouldn't look like an ass.

Nice car though OP, you'll love it. G/l with mods
edit: let's let the childish stuff go for crying out loud and try and let her have her thread back.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Wow, ok, since I already explained this in PM to the one other female that posted in this thread, I might as well say it here too...it's called sarcasm. Obviously it didn't translate well into type. I was being facetious, albeit that was lost on everyone especially given the ridiculous argument that ensued.

I may come off strong, but I have good reason. We've had some really crazy girls come through here, the kind that give us respectable enthusiasts a really bad name, and it makes it that much harder to be taken seriously. This includes getting serious responses to questions about your car - that should be pretty obvious by the multiple page humpfest you had going for a while. As you can see by the response you got by the guys here, it can get ridiculous in a hurry. There's no such thing as innocent flirtation from an attractive girl on a forum that's 99% male. It sucks, but this really isn't the place girls should come for male attention :shrug:

Does anyone know if I can paint the factory side mirrors that are on the car to match the white? Or do I have to buy all new mirrors?

You can have the mirrors painted, but they would need to be smoothed first. Another option is to look into 03-04 Cobra mirrors. They fold, so that's cool, and you may even be able to find some that are already white, since they were painted from the factory.

Racing Stripes= Ford
Rally Stripes = Chevy

LOL, I was gonna say the same thing. Rallye stripes are technically the ones that are hood and trunk only, with a pinstripe. These are the stripes you'd see on Camaros and Chevelles. Shelby stripes are what are on Mustangs and Vipers; head to tail stripes with no pinstripe.

OP, you may be able to order stripes from Roush, they come in a good blue. IMO, the blue would look better with tan than purple. Didn't you buy this car for your husband though? What would he want?

mump_0308_09_z+supercharged_2003_ford_mustang_roush_380r+exterior_front_view.jpg

Lynusan

Established Member
I may come off strong, but I have good reason. We've had some really crazy girls come through here, the kind that give us respectable enthusiasts a really bad name, and it makes it that much harder to be taken seriously. This includes getting serious responses to questions about your car - that should be pretty obvious by the multiple page humpfest you had going for a while. As you can see by the response you got by the guys here, it can get ridiculous in a hurry. There's no such thing as innocent flirtation from an attractive girl on a forum that's 99% male. It sucks, but this really isn't the place girls should come for male attention :shrug:

I'm crazy by default - I'm married to the military :p But yes, I realize it went downhill VERY quickly, which is why I almost entirely just checked out of the thread. However, if you took the time to read a lot of the posts, I wasn't here to pick anyone up. I've had quite a few questions - albeit mostly about appearance mods, but I've got to start somewhere. And I've gotten a few very good suggestions for performances mods to start with that I can do pretty simply. So hopefully it stays under control here now, because I really seem to like some of the people I've chatted with thus far...

You can have the mirrors painted, but they would need to be smoothed first. Another option is to look into 03-04 Cobra mirrors. They fold, so that's cool, and you may even be able to find some that are already white, since they were painted from the factory.

Will the 03-04 mirrors definitely fit the 01 cobras though? The mirror assembly that attaches to the car is rather large and so I've noticed it's restricting me from putting on several different mirrors I saw that I liked.

LOL, I was gonna say the same thing. Rallye stripes are technically the ones that are hood and trunk only, with a pinstripe. These are the stripes you'd see on Camaros and Chevelles. Shelby stripes are what are on Mustangs and Vipers; head to tail stripes with no pinstripe.

Learn something new every day. I was just repeating what I had heard from the shops I spoke to about what I wanted done and they all unanimously called them rally stripes. Either way, they're vinyl stripes lol!

OP, you may be able to order stripes from Roush, they come in a good blue. IMO, the blue would look better with tan than purple. Didn't you buy this car for your husband though? What would he want?

mump_0308_09_z+supercharged_2003_ford_mustang_roush_380r+exterior_front_view.jpg

I did buy the car originally for my husband, but it's actually my car now. Not sure if you caught the long explanation post from last night, but nonetheless, he wants his jeep and the cobra is mine. He may buy a mustang in the future but I gave up the car he bought me to keep the one that made more financial sense haha.

I do like that blue on the car you posted there. I just wished I could find pictures of someone that has a white car and tan top that has put stripes on their car...and even more so, I wish I could see a picture of someone's car that has the same hood scoop that I do.

The other thought I had considered was putting a large mustang or cobra decal on the hood but I'm not sure if I would really like it all that much.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I'm crazy by default - I'm married to the military :p But yes, I realize it went downhill VERY quickly, which is why I almost entirely just checked out of the thread. However, if you took the time to read a lot of the posts, I wasn't here to pick anyone up. I've had quite a few questions - albeit mostly about appearance mods, but I've got to start somewhere. And I've gotten a few very good suggestions for performances mods to start with that I can do pretty simply. So hopefully it stays under control here now, because I really seem to like some of the people I've chatted with thus far...

I see you've edited many of your posts, but let's just say you sure weren't acting all that innocent at first. Seeing the edited posts only confirms that, or that you felt at least somewhat guilty. :read:

Will the 03-04 mirrors definitely fit the 01 cobras though? The mirror assembly that attaches to the car is rather large and so I've noticed it's restricting me from putting on several different mirrors I saw that I liked.

Direct bolt in replacement. Had 'em on my 00 GT. Don't do aftermarket mirrors, they never look right or fit right.

I did buy the car originally for my husband, but it's actually my car now. Not sure if you caught the long explanation post from last night, but nonetheless, he wants his jeep and the cobra is mine. He may buy a mustang in the future but I gave up the car he bought me to keep the one that made more financial sense haha.

I do like that blue on the car you posted there. I just wished I could find pictures of someone that has a white car and tan top that has put stripes on their car...and even more so, I wish I could see a picture of someone's car that has the same hood scoop that I do.

Search :shrug: Browse the pics and vids forum, I'm sure you'll find someone who's done a white convertible. That hood was shared by 99 and 01 Cobras, as well as some later (04 IIRC) V6's.

The other thought I had considered was putting a large mustang or cobra decal on the hood but I'm not sure if I would really like it all that much.

The decal will look terrible IMO, if you're going that direction you may have bought the wrong car :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread