New Cobra Owner

Lynusan

Established Member
sexy car!!! i would tint windows and taillights...the black will go with the tan nicely.

Unfortunately I can't tint the windows. Well, I could but it would be a waste of money. When I move to Germany at the end of the year, I'm not allowed to have any aftermarket tint on the car so I'd have to remove it. Unless I can find windows that are tinted inside the glass.

And I want to stay away from putting anymore black on the car than is already on it. I want to put blue rallies on it so the mix w/ more black wouldn't look good.

Does anyone know if I can paint the factory side mirrors that are on the car to match the white? Or do I have to buy all new mirrors?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Unfortunately I can't tint the windows. Well, I could but it would be a waste of money. When I move to Germany at the end of the year, I'm not allowed to have any aftermarket tint on the car so I'd have to remove it. Unless I can find windows that are tinted inside the glass.

And I want to stay away from putting anymore black on the car than is already on it. I want to put blue rallies on it so the mix w/ more black wouldn't look good.

Does anyone know if I can paint the factory side mirrors that are on the car to match the white? Or do I have to buy all new mirrors?

I'm pretty sure you can have your factory mirrors painted, but don't quote me on that. What are you talking about when you say "rallies". Racing stripes?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Next person who ask for Pics/bewbs or anything else off topic gets a week off minimum. You may think it is cute, the OP may even like it but I'm not putting up with it. Where I see this going is the OP ends up putting up pics in the pics and vids section a lot of leghumping follows, this thread goes to SD and another female member is history. It stops here and now.
Keep it on topic. The car, not the girl. Hell I can't even take a couple days away and my sections go to shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should hire an asssistant

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Going to germany, you can't tint the tails either. I don't remember exactly what the exhaust rule is but check into it because you may have to change your tips. BUT IIRC they require them out the back so you are likely ok on that.

Def. get subframe connectors, as has been said Maximum Motorsports are the best IMHO.

as far as lowering goes I would still lower it. you can get springs that lower it but not too much and as long as you take things like speed bumps at a bit of an angle you will be fine. I have my cars lowered a LOT and the only thing I have to worry about other than speed bumps is parking too close to the curb at the shopping malls (head in kinda thing).

good luck on whatever you do. and you will have a blast in Germany if you spend your free time on the economy and not hanging out with the Americans on base.

*sigh* I'm over the fighting/bickering. Not worth my time.

z - the exhaust has actually been changed out. There's a whole new magnaflow cat-back exhaust system on there and it looks pretty nice. The antenna has been replaced w/ a short one already. I do have letter inserts for the bumper on the car already in it.

I'm torn about the tint because I really want the car clear/white as much as possible. I want to stay away from black and dark colors. I was looking at some LED style lights (different than the ones I originally posted that everyone hates) that are clear and that I really liked, but I think I might just leave the tail lights as-is, but change out the headlights.

I'm definitely not going to lower the car like a lot of people suggested. I'd hit far too many things w/ the front bumper and I'd rather not have that cost too.

Here are a few of the other pics that the previous owner sent me so that you can see more of the car

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Lynusan

Established Member
Nice Cobra, where in Germany you guys pcsing to?

He's going to Schweinfurt. We were supposed to go to Wiesbaden and I was excited about that but that's the army for you...

I'm pretty sure you can have your factory mirrors painted, but don't quote me on that. What are you talking about when you say "rallies". Racing stripes?

Yeah rally stripes, racing stripes, etc. Same thing. I'll see if someone around here is able to paint the factory mirrors then. I'd rather get white mirrors on the car than leave them black. I just don't want black on the car at all to be honest.

Going to germany, you can't tint the tails either. I don't remember exactly what the exhaust rule is but check into it because you may have to change your tips. BUT IIRC they require them out the back so you are likely ok on that.

Def. get subframe connectors, as has been said Maximum Motorsports are the best IMHO.

as far as lowering goes I would still lower it. you can get springs that lower it but not too much and as long as you take things like speed bumps at a bit of an angle you will be fine. I have my cars lowered a LOT and the only thing I have to worry about other than speed bumps is parking too close to the curb at the shopping malls (head in kinda thing).

good luck on whatever you do. and you will have a blast in Germany if you spend your free time on the economy and not hanging out with the Americans on base.

Can I ask why everyone is such supporters of lowering the car? Are there any benefits other than the physical appearance?

I don't plan on tinting the taillights at all anyway. I don't want dark colors/hues on the car.

I don't plan on spending much time around the post anyhow. When I lived in London I didn't spend any time around the americans I was there with. I was there to see the city and meet locals. I'm actually really thrilled about moving to Germany. I've just got to start practicing my German here because I speak next to nothing of the language.

I called the graphic guy for you this afternoon. Should have a price on the stripes soon

Thank you

Last edited:

Lynusan

Established Member

Lynusan

Established Member
ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but is it possible to buy windows for this car that have tinted glass and not the aftermarket tint on them?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Holy shit a lot of you guys need to get a grip. A girl shows up and you lose your minds...

Nice car, Lynusan! Very classy color combination!

Lynusan

Established Member
Holy shit a lot of you guys need to get a grip. A girl shows up and you lose your minds...

Nice car, Lynusan! Very classy color combination!

Thank you. the white is starting to grow on me (I hate white cars...) but i still need something to break up the white a little bit.

So would I get disowned if I put purple stripes on the car instead of blue?

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Thank you. the white is starting to grow on me (I hate white cars...) but i still need something to break up the white a little bit.

I say you do whatever you want to do. Me personally I wouldn't like purple stripes on it but I say do what makes you happy. Who cares what other people thank about it.:beer: I have one here next to me that has pink stripes (racing & pin on the side) and it looks ok but it is a v6 :dw: As I said you do what you want not what all of us say on here :rockon: We will support you either way :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Can I ask why everyone is such supporters of lowering the car? Are there any benefits other than the physical appearance?
as you become more comfortable with the car you will find yourself wanting to take corners at a more ... urmmm "refined" speed. lowering helps keep the body roll to a minimum. With it sitting like a four wheel drive it will ride like a four wheel drive. and it looks like shit sitting up that high. Subframes, lowering springs (and caster/camber plates) it will ride like a whole new car. and gears, 4.10s would be my recommendation.

I don't plan on spending much time around the post anyhow. When I lived in London I didn't spend any time around the americans I was there with. I was there to see the city and meet locals. I'm actually really thrilled about moving to Germany. I've just got to start practicing my German here because I speak next to nothing of the language.
Thank you
Good for you. You will find the Germans great folks esp. down south. As long as you at leat TRY to speak German they will help you out with what english they know. and a lot of them know more than they let on, until you show you are at least trying to learn their language.

Sveet01

Established Member
Wow, great thread.

OP-I would get a front lip too. Ever seen the underside of your front bumper? I'm sure you have, it looks unfinished, forgotten about, and makes you cringe when you see it.

Cover it.

A Termi bumper lip fits nicely or the Mach 1, but the Mach 1 doesn't fit the best.

Then I would tighten up that noodle of a vert chassis with some subframe connectors and lower it. Lightbar is sweet. Do what you want--it's not 'your car' until you have done with it what YOU like.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

I've never heard anyone call racing stripes "rally stripes", that's why I was wondering.

Don't worry what other people think about what you are doing, it's YOUR decision. If you like purple stripes, go ahead and do it.

I almost had my calipers powder coated pink but then decided against it.

Lynusan

Established Member
I've never heard anyone call racing stripes "rally stripes", that's why I was wondering.

Don't worry what other people think about what you are doing, it's YOUR decision. If you like purple stripes, go ahead and do it.

I almost had my calipers powder coated pink but then decided against it.

I had been calling them racing stripes until about 5 different shops here all referred to them as rally stripes...

I was half joking about being disowned for purple stripes. However, I did consider it because it's really hard to match up a colored racing stripe when my car has a tan top...so I've gone back and forth over what color I would like. However, Universal makes a color called Marine Blue Radiance that I really like (unfortunately discontinued) but if I can get it I think that the blue, even being up against a tan top, would actually look alright.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I had been calling them racing stripes until about 5 different shops here all referred to them as rally stripes...

I was half joking about being disowned for purple stripes. However, I did consider it because it's really hard to match up a colored racing stripe when my car has a tan top...so I've gone back and forth over what color I would like. However, Universal makes a color called Marine Blue Radiance that I really like (unfortunately discontinued) but if I can get it I think that the blue, even being up against a tan top, would actually look alright.

What else are you planning to do with it besides the racing stripes and painted mirrors?

I still maintain you need to drop it. It would look 1000x better than with the factory sky jacker. :lol1:

Lynusan

Established Member
What else are you planning to do with it besides the racing stripes and painted mirrors?

I still maintain you need to drop it. It would look 1000x better than with the factory sky jacker. :lol1:

stripes are my first priority. Then a light bar. Then a tonneau cover. Somewhere in there, if I can get the side mirrors painted then great. Also probably getting an eyebrow that says "Cobra." Beyond that, I've had so much overload from being on here that I'm not sure what I want to do with it anymore lol. Hell, if I did everything that everyone suggested I do, I'd be broke haha!

I'll consider lowering it after I've gotten used to driving it a little better. I'd rather have a good handle on the car first before I get tempted to start taking corners and such a lot faster lol.

Users who are viewing this thread