New clutch needed

equinemechanic

Established Member
Anyone running a mcleod street extreme clutch? I picked up a new terminator last week and its in need of a new clutch. Planning on swapping the pulleys, but other than that its stock. any suggestions for a new clutch? Whats everyone else running and happy with?

thanks

olympic

Established Member
The specs on the Street Extreme look good and Mcleod makes quality products in general. I run an RXT and am very happy with it. You may want to pull the trans first before ordering the clutch to see if the car still has the stock 10 spline input shaft or the upgraded 26 spline. The 26 spline is a recommended upgrade as well as a billet throw-out bearing retainer tube. Stick with a Ford or Macleod TOB and replace the clutch fork and cable while you're in there. Maximum Motorsports makes a nice cable for our cars or the OEM Ford cable is good as well.

equinemechanic

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the input. I was planning on doing the input shaft update while I have the trans out. I only plan on mild mods for this car...but thats how it always starts...

Have you ever done one of those input shafts? Doesnt look to bad from the videos Ive watched.

equinemechanic

Established Member
Im having a hard time finding the right input shaft to order on Jeggs and jeggs customer service couldnt figure out which one I needed for my t-56. I can call Richmond tomorrow but i was wondering if anyone had an idea what input shaft fits our T-56s. I was looking at the Richmond gear 26 spline, part number 836-451826 on jeggs. They have a note down below that this is a for a 5 speed. Wondering if this will fit my t-56 or if this will only fit a t-5? Also any idea what the difference is in there? Probably shaft length and diameter?

Thanks in advance.

olympic

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread