New chip... new dyno numbers

Undy

Established Member
Well... I just made a new dyno run with my new chip today.. The numbers tend to speak for themselves. All numbers are corrected SAE.
bone stock: 350.6 rwhp 356.8 rwtq
original chip, with all the mods: 438.2 rwhp 448.4 rwtq
new chip, with all the mods: 451.3 rwhp 474.2 rwtq
The amazing part of this is I gained 13.1 rwhp and 25.8 rwtq just from a chip change, with now other mods. Take a look at the A/F ratios!! textbook....I mean. The amazing part is this was run with the 2.93, not the 2.80 pulley, thru cats and without longtubes...:burnout: :burnout: :-D :-D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Awesome numbers, dude.

My sheet also had a little dip, at about 6,300 RPM, like the "red" run you made. Is that the abuse valve? I heard an audible short, quick blow-off, but it didn't seem to drop boost and recovered to record high numbers before redline...

totaled

Established Member
Congrats on the awesome numbers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know I've had some pretty good results with those chips ;-)

I ordered the same mods you have today so I hope I get the same awesome results!!

JJ's SVT

Banned
Now thats what I am talking about :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Excellent A/F's. No worries here.

Congrats Undy!! Now bring that beast up here so we can get a couple of cold ones. :):) JJ@JJ'sSVT

Undy

Established Member
Jim, Do me one favor... Let's meet up one time at VMP before you mod the thing... I would like, one time, to say I beat you...heh,heh. BTW.... sending ya a PM..

Blue03Cobra, If you're abuse valve (boost dump valve) opens up you're toast for around 30 seconds...lika no boost..kinda thing. I don't think that's what you/I experienced.

f4sfed, I ran my 2nd dyno series to 6600 with my previous chip.. No matter what chip/pulley you're running you will see all peak Hp and TQ numbers way before the 6500. No reason to twist it higher.. Actually... the formula, assuming 15% loss, for converting RWHP to FWHP is: RWHP/RWTQ divided by .85. Saying that, 451.3 RWHP converts to: 530.9 FWHP and 474.2 RWTQ converts to 557.9 FWTQ.... but what's 10 or 15 HP/TQ between friends???

Dave

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Its really hard to see because of the text but it looks like you gained 7 hp and LOST 15lb/ft of torque from Dyno run 007 to Dyno run 009. Ican't see the torque line behind the text to validate the number.. was it just a spike? Jerry

Undy

Established Member
The guy driving said that he felt the rear tires break traction on the roller for an instant on run #7. That would generate some additional torque multiplication, possibly explaining the spike.. dynos are strange animals..

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Undy
Jim, Do me one favor... Let's meet up one time at VMP before you mod the thing... I would like, one time, to say I beat you...heh,heh. BTW.... sending ya a PM..

Blue03Cobra, If you're abuse valve (boost dump valve) opens up you're toast for around 30 seconds...lika no boost..kinda thing. I don't think that's what you/I experienced.

f4sfed, I ran my 2nd dyno series to 6600 with my previous chip.. No matter what chip/pulley you're running you will see all peak Hp and TQ numbers way before the 6500. No reason to twist it higher.. Actually... the formula, assuming 15% loss, for converting RWHP to FWHP is: RWHP/RWTQ divided by .85. Saying that, 451.3 RWHP converts to: 530.9 FWHP and 474.2 RWTQ converts to 557.9 FWTQ.... but what's 10 or 15 HP/TQ between friends???

Dave

Hmmm...I must have the processor with floating point error. :)

SB 03

Established Member
awesome numbers, and simple mods, gotta love this car 500 plus horses, huhahaha huhahaha:beer:

Lobo

Established Member
Good numbers bro!

I'd love to know why mine only went up to 435rwhp / 450 rwtq when I slapped on the 2.80", chip, MAC cold-air intake and NGK TR6's.

And that's up from 400 rwhp / 350 rwtq STOCK!!!

I gained about 70-80 hp up to like 5000-6000, after which it drops like crazy.

Did anybody else have that problem?
Could it be that still having the stock exhaust system (only Flowmaster mufflers added) impairs exhalation and hence makes the numbers drop?

Lobo

kino

Established Member
Lobo,
If that is all you have then you got good numbers. The stock exhaust is a puny 2.25 while usually the aftermarket is a 2.5 and there is a 3 inch one available. The stock exhaust is just too restrictive.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Undy
Well... I just made a new dyno run with my new chip today.. The numbers tend to speak for themselves. All numbers are corrected SAE.
bone stock: 350.6 rwhp 356.8 rwtq
original chip, with all the mods: 438.2 rwhp 448.4 rwtq
new chip, with all the mods: 451.3 rwhp 474.2 rwtq
The amazing part of this is I gained 13.1 rwhp and 25.8 rwtq just from a chip change, with now other mods. Take a look at the A/F ratios!! textbook....I mean. The amazing part is this was run with the 2.93, not the 2.80 pulley, thru cats and without longtubes...:burnout: :burnout: :-D :-D

Excellent tune! Kudos to your tuner! The air/fuel curve is just about perfect for power AND longevity.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread