New Cannonball record, NY:LA in 27:25 thus a 103mph average

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
I suspect it will take Tesla and or a former engineer from Tesla..Elon Musk is just the kinda crazy egomaniac that would do it for the publicity. The eggheads on Tesla boards have been trying to figure it out for quite sometime.

It will be a long time before batteries and charge times allow an EV to compete with this. I'd estimate we're 15+ years away from it being feasible.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It will be a long time before batteries and charge times allow an EV to compete with this. I'd estimate we're 15+ years away from it being feasible.

Solid state batteries are on the horizon, though I’d imagine still a ways off before scaled to application like this. What we were discussing was the possibility of charging on the move, which Tesla has made very difficult, improbable.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
God damn, I cannot get over how awesome this is

When only 91 octane was available, "Alright I'll take it easy" which was defined by a passenger as "not exceeding 175mph."

I'll say it again, if I ever win the lottery...

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

andymarkv

Established Member
Ok...it was cool when this was circulating through the car guy scene...but its a story on CBS This Morning...?
Unfortunately that is negative publicity...
And how does liability work if you admit to the world on a very public platform you broke the law in a pretty major way in several states...?

I'm a little surprised that CBS This Morning showed restraint and didn't go on and on about how careless these guys were.

badmpg03

Established Member
Man...technology has changed these races, these guys were on a hardcore mission.

Hats off to the guys....they took a highly strategic calculated approach and it paid off
To say their win should not count because they took this approach is kind of short sided IMO

Users who are viewing this thread