New Boss Owner

S197kid

Established Member
Just picked up boss #3134 about 2 weeks ago. I have put about 1k miles on it so far, and I'm loving every minute of it. Only problem I've run into is the good old clutch pedal sticking half way down with high rpm shifts... removed the pedal helper spring and it seems to work fine now. Future plans include brake ducts, trans scoop, 302s grill, steeda springs(to bring that back end down a bit), and a brake fluid flush with dot 4 then track it as much as my finances allow! Heres a picture of the Kona Blue hotness! (sorry for quality I took it using my iphone)

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Congratulations. Add to your list to install a white rear spoiler and you'll be set. ;-)

S197kid

Established Member
Thanks everyone! I'm really enjoying this car its hard to stop driving it! This is the third S197 that I've had. My first was a 06gt with about the whole BMR suspension catalog thrown at it, the other was an 09 G500 with Intake, pulley, tune, etc. This car is like the best parts of both of those cars combined!

BADZL1

Shunned from C5!
Established Member
I just left the dealership a few minutes ago.. On the show room floor they have a 12 Boss 302 in race red.. Fell in love with it... I may go back to let the GF take a look at it, if I do ill be sure to grab a shot with my Iphone and post it when Im done. Good looking cars!

svt1111

Established Member
Just picked up boss #3134 about 2 weeks ago. I have put about 1k miles on it so far, and I'm loving every minute of it. Only problem I've run into is the good old clutch pedal sticking half way down with high rpm shifts... removed the pedal helper spring and it seems to work fine now. Future plans include brake ducts, trans scoop, 302s grill, steeda springs(to bring that back end down a bit), and a brake fluid flush with dot 4 then track it as much as my finances allow! Heres a picture of the Kona Blue hotness! (sorry for quality I took it using my iphone)

Congrats and great looking Boss!

Can you please explain where this clutch pedal return spring is located so that I can try this mod?

S197kid

Established Member
Congrats and great looking Boss!

Can you please explain where this clutch pedal return spring is located so that I can try this mod?

There is a spring located on the clutch pedal that is pretty much perpendicular to the axis of rotation that is meant to assist in the depression of the clutch, basically reducing pedal effort. It also causes more resistance to depression when the clutch pedal is released fully in order to prevent people from "riding" the clutch. If you remove this it will increase pedal pressure but may prevent you pedal from sticking down at high rpm shifts. From what I understand when you shift a gt or boss at high rpm, 7000+ this exerts a significant enough centrifugal force on the pressure plate causing the clutch system not produce enough hydraulic force back on the pedal when the pedal is released, so it gets stuck on the floor on some 2011s or in our case mid-way up due to a slightly revised pedal assembly 2012s which have a helper spring on the cross shaft. Take a look at this link below there are some pictures and more explaination.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/710327-2011-5-0l-clutch-pedal-issue-fix.html

Users who are viewing this thread