New Bike...Single Sided Swingarm...PICS...

shhak

Established Member
I've changed bikes way too many times this year already but a buddy of mine had this and I had to have it. First bike this year was an 07 GSXR 1000 (yellow and black, stretched a little and lowered, but basically stock).

Next bike was an 08 Busa. Copper/Black with exhaust but stock other than that.

Finally, this one is an 08 GSXR 1000 with a single sided swing arm and an a$$ load of other modifications, lots and black chrome, but basically stock motor. Tell me what you think :beer:

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

shhak

Established Member
Thanks guys! It doesn't handle like my Busa did, but I still like it. Needs to be lowered just a bit but I think that's all I'll do to it.

shhak

Established Member
I just looked at the pics again and I didn't realize how dirty it is. I'll post some more pics tomorrow afternoon when I get it all polished up again!

shhak

Established Member
Any benefits from the single-side swingarm, besides looks? Badass bike!

I'm no knee draggin superbike racer, but as far as I know it's just for looks. I just like to keep a bike that looks good and that I can cruise around town and not be ashamed of. At our lot, we usually keep a few bikes for sale too. Right now we've got an 08 HD Wide Glide, 00 Road King, 02 Suzuki Bandit 1200, 05 CBR1000RR, and a 98 Royal Star 1300. I try to keep a personal bike along the lines of this Gixxer, but I usually end up selling them within a few months...:shrug:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
looks good, but did i hear you say handle?? Lowered and stretched equals TERRIBLE handling, and busa's don't handle worth a shit.

shhak

Established Member
looks good, but did i hear you say handle?? Lowered and stretched equals TERRIBLE handling, and busa's don't handle worth a shit.

Oh, I didn't expect it to handle good. But my busa wasn't stretched or lowered. It actually handled alot better than I ever thought it would. This bike doesn't handle bad, but it's nothing like what you ride. My 07 GSXR 1k was stretched and lowered and it didn't handle worth a shit...

Users who are viewing this thread