New Best with the Circle D!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As most know, since I did the built motor, and lowered the compression. My 60's have been lackluster. Best has been a 1.949 with a best e.t. of 11.04 @ 131.75.

Car only has 3.55's. So there isn't alot of gear to get it out of the hole.

I tt Chris @ Circle D and we went with a 2c for the car.

Chris said I should see mid / low 1.6's at my weight with my gear / power curve etc..

He said he thought 1.57's to 1.59's might be possible.

Problem is my ET Streets are out of round bad, and have been vibrating entirely too much, so I sent them back for warranty. I strapped on my 295/55/15 MT drag radials.

Figured i'd give our crappy track a shot. Air was about 700 ft tonight, not too horrible.

I drove about an hour to the track, tech'd in and pulled the car over and popped the hood. Lowered my mt's to 15psi. Put my jacket on and closed the hood. Bout 5 minutes of cool down time. Figured i'd clean the cobwebs out.

Car felt so good out of the whole, really laid me back. Grabbed my slip and was rewarded with a 1.506 60'!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah, I knew it was going to be a good night. 10.34@135 mph.

I tried the 2nd tune I had after letting it cool for a bit. The 60' was 1.518, the 330 was off even more, but it picked up to 137 mph and still ran faster at 10.30. That was with the seat pulled and probably a 1/2 hour cool down. Decided to load the first tune back in with 1 more degree of timing. . I figured with it cooling, that it would run the same mph as the 2nd tune, but with a better 330. I said the car will go a 10.17 with the cooldown.

Hit it again, the 1-2 was so good it felt like 1 long gear. Got my slip! [email protected] w/ 1.495 60'!!!!!

Another 1/2 hour cool. Humidity was starting to go up a lil bit, but it was a little cooler.

Launched, had some tire shake, but pushed through it. [email protected] with a 1.528 60'. I knew the 60' was off and the track was going away. 1.49 would have got me my 10.0.. Oh well, coming soon!

Very very pleased with the car!

Some said my car had "issues" and I said that a converter would drop me a minimum of .7. I said if I could get 1.5's, the car would go teens or better. I was right! :)

The circle D is the poo! All I gotta say!

Here is the slip with the .17, left the .14 in the car, but this has the 1.495 60'.

Youtube
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmMhNaatpP4"]YouTube - Team Beefcake Racing first trip out with the Circle D converter![/nomedia]

1017.jpg

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Nice runs! Is that sound when shifting into 3rd gear the TC locking up? Almost sounds like a manual shift.

I also made my first passes on the 3600 Circle D. I only gained 4 tenths in the 1/4 and had a best 60' of 1.71 and best ET of 12.131. My tank is slow and I need more POWER!

FIFTY

Established Member
Damn these AUTO kick ass!!! it really makes me doubt my limping mt-82 ability LOL

Users who are viewing this thread