new best in the Hellcat, and ZL1 eats some humble pie

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

iflybyu

Established Member
Sweet I live in mandeville and work at coke in harahan I use to deliver out in Paulina and lutcher it's nice out there. I'm going try and go to them let me kno when u go to the track and I can meet u out there my names Cody. No problem is in ur back yard that's nice!

ctgreddy

Established Member
Not bad times for the mods op! I wouldn't even bother listing the k&n intake as a mod, they dont do a thing. I was not overly impressed with these cars at first when it came to track times. But then my work got busy into modding ours and with a few mods and a radial it was a consistent 9 second car. Few more mods and a set of 17's it went 9.43@146. Not bad for something weighing 4400+ lbs with a bone stock untouched engine, converter, trans, rearend, no nitrous, and it would go 9.80's on a 20" dr. The rest of the car isn't my thing, never been a fan of "big" cars like that but gotta give respect.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
The HC is an impressive car imho. A buddy of mine went 10.8 at 125 in his auto HC with drag radials and a drop in K&N filter his first time ever on a track. I'm a manual trans fan as I am a driver and have always raced in manual trans cars/classes. That said, the new autos are hard to beat and for years Its been hard to resist the urge to take the easy route and go with an auto. At commerce this year I outran a 2016 Z06 A8 on drag radials pretty bad so I'm still hanging tough with the 6 speed and 17" drag radials. That Z06 ran 133 mph though......VERY impressive! The New Roush stage 3s are wicked as well...but I'm an old school guy and enjoy outrunning the factory off-the-shelf high dollar performance cars.....but it's getting HARD, especially if they're Auto cars! There's stuff out there that I KNOW will smoke me...I've just been lucky not to run into any yet, or I out drove the ones that were faster. THIS is the best muscle car era ever that we are living in right now!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Not bad times for the mods op! I wouldn't even bother listing the k&n intake as a mod, they dont do a thing. I was not overly impressed with these cars at first when it came to track times. But then my work got busy into modding ours and with a few mods and a radial it was a consistent 9 second car. Few more mods and a set of 17's it went 9.43@146. Not bad for something weighing 4400+ lbs with a bone stock untouched engine, converter, trans, rearend, no nitrous, and it would go 9.80's on a 20" dr. The rest of the car isn't my thing, never been a fan of "big" cars like that but gotta give respect.

In for Sunday at NPR streetcar revolution. A friend is supposed to bring a tuned S63 also.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Not all ZL1’s run slow like that. I’m glad you shut the dude down! The strip is for running cars, not mouths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DarkMach1

Established Member
All manual Zl1s appear to be slow...I don’t believe I’ve seen one come close to its auto counterpart. Similar for hellcats. If I had to pick one of the 3 in manual I’d go trinity. Definitely a drivers race stock.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
There is some type of torque limiting code in the M6 ZL1’s that causes a bog if the car hooks, plus the A10 shifts insanely fast with less RPM drop.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
IMG_0050.JPG

Stock ZL1 fast list from Camaro6 on Factory tires.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There is some type of torque limiting code in the M6 ZL1’s that causes a bog if the car hooks, plus the A10 shifts insanely fast with less RPM drop.
I wonder if it has something to do wit the nannies being on? Like with the Mustang, you depress the traction control button to turn it half off, then the traction control button again for 8 seconds with your foot on the brake. I wonder if there's something like that holding it back?

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
You fail the test. There is no 11.2 on the list. I'm hoping they add me in a few days.

By the way, my 11.2 @ 125 MPH was on factory tires at 1771' DA.

I see 11.2 here. One 10.9 on the Zl1 list. Most manuals run 12s.

I took this video of a stock ZL1 on ET Street R's vs a widebody Hellcat also on drag radials last week.

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
You fail reading comp. by “I see here 11.2” I’m not talking about the list, I’m talking about you....here. Yes that Zl1 likely won that race, it also got the hole shot, which is key in drag racing.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You don’t have to do anything, you can turn around and walk away, the beauty of a free country.

Good run OP, keep chipping away at it.

old01cobra

Established Member
Can't we all just get along? Theoretically AMERICAN made! V-8 based! Blower! RWD! Mustang>Camaro>Challenger........ Especially when your comparing a 2013 GT500 to cars that are 5 years newer. But they're all so close its a personal choice.... But yet they're all nearly the same...... Either way Mustang Camaro Challenger its still better than that Import crap at the end of the video.

I wonder if all the ricers bicker like the domestic guys do amongst themselves, you know like Toyota guys hating on Hondas and Nissans and vice versa.....

Users who are viewing this thread