New All Motor 15+ Coyote Record! 9.88?!?

Shaun@AED

Took the 16 out to the track tonight and ran a 9.88 on the stock motor!
Check it out: (don't mind the 1000ft time :lol: )
IMAG0258_zpsohfh1w0f.jpg

A jack rabbit ran thru the trap beams while I was going down track. LOL

I did run a string of 11's. The air was good tonight and this car likes cold air.
The transmission is now shifting the way I want it to in 'S' mode and 'D' mode is softened quite a bit from the previous tune version. I now use 'S' for drag racing, 'D' for daily driving. Part throttle shifts are stock like and very smooth.

IMAG0259_zpsujnnzwik.jpg

118MPH traps are not not bad for 381RWHP and NO power mods.

Time to start the power mods?

What do you guys think, Circle D converter, drive shaft, L&M cams, GT350 IM, and full exhaust?
Or go faster on stock setup?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Great job!!! I knew 11's would happen when it wasn't 100+ degrees outside ahaha!!!

I vote keep going as fast as you can on the stock setup for now, btw :)

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Great job!!! I knew 11's would happen when it wasn't 100+ degrees outside ahaha!!!

I vote keep going as fast as you can on the stock setup for now, btw :)

It's not likely we will have the kind of weather to set records till October.
The debate is mod now and prepare for the good DA, or do nothing with the car and wait for the DA to set the record for tune/tires.

djclark

Established Member
i'd mod it. "Circle D converter, drive shaft, L&M cams, GT350 IM, and full exhaust" sounds cool. Which converter are you thinking of going with - 4c ?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's not likely we will have the kind of weather to set records till October.
The debate is mod now and prepare for the good DA, or do nothing with the car and wait for the DA to set the record for tune/tires.

Ohhh I see.. shit.. mod it lol :).. I'll be back from deployment in October too :).. Maybe set some personal records myself lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Some questions Shawn:

Was this done on e85, race fuel, or regular 91 (no additives)?

What wheel and tire combo? Specs please.

Did you weight the car, before you did the 11.8 @ 118 pass? If so, what was the weight?

What other parts have you changed or modified on your car?

Shaun@AED

i'd mod it. "Circle D converter, drive shaft, L&M cams, GT350 IM, and full exhaust" sounds cool. Which converter are you thinking of going with - 4c ?

Have not decided on the converter yet.

Some questions Shawn:

Was this done on e85, race fuel, or regular 91 (no additives)?

What wheel and tire combo? Specs please.

Did you weight the car, before you did the 11.8 @ 118 pass? If so, what was the weight?

What other parts have you changed or modified on your car?

Pump gas + Torco to ensure full ignition timing.
Weld 17x10.5 rears with Hosier slicks (not a fan), 17x4.5 fronts with MT Radials.
I did not weight the car after the passes.
The car has NO power adding modifications.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Have not decided on the converter yet.

Pump gas + Torco to ensure full ignition timing.
Weld 17x10.5 rears with Hosier slicks (not a fan), 17x4.5 fronts with MT Radials.
I did not weight the car after the passes.
The car has NO power adding modifications.

That is just ridiculously impressive. Any idea on the current weight of your car?

Props to you man, big props. Jack Rabbit and everything!

Shaun@AED

That is just ridiculously impressive. Any idea on the current weight of your car?

Props to you man, big props. Jack Rabbit and everything!

I weighed it stock at 3700lbs with over 1/2 tank of fuel. Definitely a pig of a car IMO, but I have not weighed it in 'Race' trim.
I do need to find weight to remove...

Laztug

Established Member
Time to start the power mods?

What do you guys think, Circle D converter, drive shaft, L&M cams, GT350 IM, and full exhaust?
Or go faster on stock setup?

I vote converter for next mod! Followed by the 350IM, it would be nice to see how much a converter helps your 60s.
How do you like shifting in 'S' mode? I feel like I could never match the computer's shift points.

Shaun@AED

I vote converter for next mod! Followed by the 350IM, it would be nice to see how much a converter helps your 60s.
How do you like shifting in 'S' mode? I feel like I could never match the computer's shift points.

I let the ECU shift in 'S' Mode.
All new tunes will be setup for Drag racing in 'S', although you can use D if you want, but 'S' will hit the tires harder.

Nfl is my relig

Established Member
I want this tune. I have kooks 1 7/8 lt headers and 3 inch magnaflow competition exhaust with a c & l 95 mm race cai. I have a sct tuner can you email the tune. I run 93 octane fuel.

86merc

Established Member
Very nice times.

I vote for a torque converter next. Then GT350 intake manifold. I have yet to see much about track outings with the GT350 manifold. It would be nice to see what the set up could do.

I let the ECU shift in 'S' Mode.
All new tunes will be setup for Drag racing in 'S', although you can use D if you want, but 'S' will hit the tires harder.

Does the 'S' mode still blip the throttle when down shifting? As well as go into manual selection mode when you press one of the paddles? I think having 'D' mode as the tamer version would be nice. Then have the 'S' mode as the harder shifting, gear holding, down shift blip'n, mode. As a 'sport' mode should be.

Shaun@AED

I want this tune. I have kooks 1 7/8 lt headers and 3 inch magnaflow competition exhaust with a c & l 95 mm race cai. I have a sct tuner can you email the tune. I run 93 octane fuel.
Yes, I can email/remote tune these applications. Email me: [email protected] I want to see data logs of your car as it's currently running before we start any tuning.

Very nice times.

I vote for a torque converter next. Then GT350 intake manifold. I have yet to see much about track outings with the GT350 manifold. It would be nice to see what the set up could do.

Does the 'S' mode still blip the throttle when down shifting? As well as go into manual selection mode when you press one of the paddles? I think having 'D' mode as the tamer version would be nice. Then have the 'S' mode as the harder shifting, gear holding, down shift blip'n, mode. As a 'sport' mode should be.

Yes, 'S' and 'D' modes along with all other features work just like the Factory Ford tune. I changed WOT only.
D still rips the tires loose at WOT and shifts fast/smooth, but I allow the ECU to reduce power for 'D' gear changes. I do not allow it to pull power in 'S' mode.

Users who are viewing this thread