NEW Aftermarket Option Tail Light.............. Source?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Anyone seen these? Was on lot #630 at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach this weekend. I watched it live IE not Photoshopped.

Lights.JPG

Taken of TV with phone.

Attachments

• Light1.JPG
    Light1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 432
Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
OEM tail lights with a vinyl tint cut to leave the outer ring untinted?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
those are not the raxiom lights........

Those lights are stock with tint cut/glued onto them. The shading at the bottom is the give away.

p.s. interesting color combo...is that roush factory? I have honestly never seen a Roush new edge in that combo before.

mysteed

Established Member
those are not the raxiom lights........

Those lights are stock with tint cut/glued onto them. The shading at the bottom is the give away.

p.s. interesting color combo...is that roush factory? I have honestly never seen a Roush new edge in that combo before.

That is NOT a Roush. It's someone's "interpretation" of a Roush.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
i was there when it crossed the block. dressed up v6.
They aren't the Raxioms from AM. A mater of fact the AM look pretty cool.

Sorry can't help on what was on the barret car..really didn't look at it in any great detail. i think it sold for around 4k
and yes its not a Roush

Tractionless1

Established Member
i was there when it crossed the block. dressed up v6.
They aren't the Raxioms from AM. A mater of fact the AM look pretty cool.

Sorry can't help on what was on the barret car..really didn't look at it in any great detail. i think it sold for around 4k
and yes its not a Roush

I'm with you and others but don't think it is just smaller cut tint as the outer perimeter of our OE is darker red than what's showing on the green car. I believe it's a portion of the tint removed beginning about 1/2" from the edge in order to get into the lighter color red. Not a bad idea on getting the '13-'14 tail light look; however, the rings will never glow independently as the full tail light will be lit and the bottom of the rings will only be reflector. Probably look much better as pictured off than on.

^^Flad, yes it sold around $4k, I didn't make it this year as I was planning on Fri. night after work, but it rained a lot so I skipped it. Ditched the weekend as I'm 1 hr. away and already drive damn near next door 5 days a week. Glad I skipped it as the weekend was a scorcher!

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
yep it was stupid hot Sunday,
I don't think you missed much, the nicest car i seen was the yellow 442 vert (original dealer owned), with low miles, i think it went for somewhere in the mid twenties. Nice clean stock car.

It seemed prices are way up from last year. typically sunday are the cheaper less expensive cars....not much crossed for under 15k...people are out there spending on toys again from what i seen.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I actually think they look great in the first picture for just being tint. The raxiom's look out of place imo on our cars but that little tint work looks really good.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I like those a lot like to see them lit. IMHO less is more, delete the wing, gas fill, 1/4 windows and that is a sexy car. I mean I like cobra options but others minimalist.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I actually think they look great in the first picture for just being tint. The raxiom's look out of place imo on our cars but that little tint work looks really good.

I'm with ya. If the Raxiom's didn'use what looks like a Pep Boys LED strip they'd be much nicer. The comparison on AM between the pieces for the '09 model parked next to a '14 shows the difference between OE. FWIW the Raxiom's are a HUGE upgrade over the '05-'12 lights which are the ugliest ever, '13-'14's' the best and WTF on '15?! The whole car looks "made in china."

Tractionless1

Established Member

I'm with ya. If the Raxiom's didn't use what looks like a Pep Boys LED strip they'd be much nicer. The comparison on AM between the pieces for the '09 model parked next to a '14 shows the difference between OE. FWIW the Raxiom's are a HUGE upgrade over the '05-'12 lights which are the ugliest ever, '13-'14's' the best and WTF on '15?! The whole car looks "made in china."

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Keith they may look better in person? I'm waiting but for now I like the OEM lights. I have a pair of dark tinted and non tinted.

Users who are viewing this thread