• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

Discussion in 'Interior and Exterior' started by 2012GT/CS, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Nuar

Nuar Active Member Established Member

S6 is an android phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S6

2. scott_0

scott_0 Well-Known Member Established Member

lol yes I know, the Kenwood supports both Android Auto and Apple car play, what I'm trying to say is, I've read somewhere that the S6 is not fully supported by the Kenwood........

3. Nuar

haha I was referring to Mustang's post :)

4. cam101

cam101 New Member Established Member

I have the Kenwood NDX 692 and Maestro set up in my mustang. I love it so far.

5. Synyster06Gates

Synyster06Gates SVT Poster Established Member

For those of you who added a backup camera to this setup - what did you tap in to for power to the camera? Everything I have seen is the reverse light, but I can't find any actual photos or video of what people did.

6. Synyster06Gates

Dash kit finally came in yesterday and I got the Maestro/Kenwood installed. I love the setup. It's all integrated very well. It all went smooth - however I have not tapped the OBD2 wires yet. It got dark before I had a chance to get it done, so I'll finish that up today!

7. Nuar

need some pics! :D

8. scott_0

it's easy, just a bit nerve racking because the wires are such small gauge and rather important lol

9. Synyster06Gates

Yep. I did a temporary tap for now. I used "Posi Tap" connectors. Makes it incredibly easy. Everything looks fantastic. When the weather clears up, I'm going to pull the pin out of the plug, crimp both the Maestro wire and the stock OBD2 wire in the pin and reinstall.

Now, my issue is the fact that I want to add a subwoofer to my Shaker 500 system. The subwoofer RCA output is already taken to keep the Shaker system functional - so I'm not sure how to add the sub I'm looking at. Y splitters?

10. benzopyrene

benzopyrene New Member Established Member

Hey guys! Whats the latest Kenwood model guys are using with this whole set up? Any shops have a whole package set up currently? cheers!

11. mrbtd

mrbtd New Member Established Member

message sent. Not quite sure how the messaging /email works here.

12. scott_0

I'm selling a dash panel that mounts the headunit up top, I made the panel and it looks awesome! includes a Maestro Rr module

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

13. VGT

VGT Member Established Member

If anyone is thinking about getting into this setup, PM me. I'll have a setup with dash, Maestro, and DNX890HD up soon.

14. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

Hey all.
    Quick question.
    When everything is installed is OEM USB port retained and fully functional in the elbow rest box?

Also, in case anyone is looking for an amazing deal for a unit 100% compatible with MaestroRR best buy has a nice special going on!

[​IMG]

On top of that Pioneer offers $100 rebate if purchased from an authorized retailer which best buy is obviously an authorized retailer.
    So you can have new 2016 Pioneer HU AND a pair of 6x8 speakers installed for $600! If you live in a state with lower or no state sales tax it will be even less!

Model of Pioneer is AVH-4200NEX which i think is super nice AND features a FULLY removable/detachable face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  15. scott_0

wow! so a 4200nex is $509 and a $100 rebate? I'm doing a double din in my 02 Jeep GC, this might be too good to pass up!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

16. RusWolf

If you just want the 4200 by itself its $599 minus the $100 rebate.

in order to get it at $509 you would have to get the installed package they have as i showed a pic.. still a great deal installed when all said and done...

17. scott_0

thanks! I might have to look into this then, I'll hit a best buy in Delaware, the home of tax free shopping, great deal

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  18. king_13

king_13 Member Established Member

It's showing up as $794 for me before tax, was yours an in store promo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. RusWolf

Yes you have to go the store. Ask them to switch the speakers in the package to the correct 6x8 speakers (the system will allow it) and will show the price. Everything gets discounted, i'm thinking about getting this package but will ask them to add additional pair of speakers and see what happens. Best Buy offer several different brands of 6x8 speakers, Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL and Alpine.

I'm going to see how much do alpines and JBL comes to. Since pioneers drop from regular sale price of $40 to $4.99 i assume if the system allow is JBL's or Alpines should get heavily reduced as well. I'm going to try if it doesn't work than i'll just buy an additional pair of pioneers and have them switch out all 4 stockers.

You guys think Pioneers 6x8's will sound better than stock shaker 500 speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. RusWolf

Just a quick update: Just back from the BB store. Had few things priced out, and i was curious what the package would come to if the speaker are JBL's instead of Pioneer and it was a $100 difference.
    So i said scratch that and let's just do this deal from wednesday and they did.
    So basically whatever i pictured above, was able to get it today. The only additional thing i got was a 4 year BB replacement warranty and i paid $55 for it.

Do you guys think that 4 year warranty is needed at all? i don't even know if i need it, but $55 for 4 years sounded just really good, they cover the HU and the installation.