New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

2012GT/CS

Established Member
Ok guy's/Girls here is an update, Bought the dnn990hd radio today new back up camera and speakers for the car.

20131017_205842_zpsaaeb8e50.jpg

20131017_205853_zps81b4c0de.jpg

20131017_213333_zpsfb9e0479.jpg

20131017_213342_zpsc89dfe8c.jpg

20131017_213748_zpsaf93d142.jpg

20131017_213940_zpscd7ccfab.jpg

jojobee

Established Member
Ok guy's/Girls here is an update, Bought the dnn990hd radio today new back up camera and speakers for the car.

I realllllly like the head unit...just very expensive

On the kenwood site they say :compatible with Garmin Smartphone Link for Android

Does that mean that we could use the torque app and display directly on the nav screen ?

scott_0

Established Member
very nice! please keep us updated after the install, what year is your car? curious I'm what will displayed with the gauges

2012GT/CS

Established Member
this is the route I'm going as well, looks real nice and I'm looking forward to your thoughts after the head unit install. as said, the gap at the bottom looks kinda big.......

I didn't have the center console snaped into place yet i just put it down enough to take a pic and popped the shift knob on top. The whole back of it where the cup holders are was at least and inch or 2 in the air.

Last edited:

2012GT/CS

Established Member
I realllllly like the head unit...just very expensive

On the kenwood site they say :compatible with Garmin Smartphone Link for Android

Does that mean that we could use the torque app and display directly on the nav screen ?

I have a whole sale account so I get everything for alot cheaper my cost was $960 for the radio, list is $1499.99. I know the radio does have garmen built in I'm not sure about the torque app yet. It also has OBD2 hook up to show all your gauges in real time like a 2013 would in the center of the steering wheel display. My car is a 2012 gt/cs

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I didn't have the center console snaped into place yet i just put it down enough to take a pic and popped the shift knob on top. The whole back of it where the cup holders are was at least and inch or 2 in the air.

Oh ok, that's good to hear. thx!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
The top of the line excellion WiFimodel seems cool, until you start reading the reviews. Any other good choices? Alpine?

The problem is the A/C interface only works with the kenwood decks.

I purchased the 890 refurb for my wife's pathfinder. It is easy to use and navigation is plenty fast.

The navigation is decent once loaded, but the unit overall is still laggy and slow a lot of times. Maybe i'm jaded by fast apple products that respond well but I expect a 1k radio to be similar.

Fastnature

Established Member
OP it is looking good

Ordered mine today. I should have it later this week. I was really wanting somewhere to place my gauges and this looks like the ticket at the bottom. I will have to do a little fiberglass to the gauges fit nice. I really didnt like the idea of pillar or vent and this seems to solve it

2012GT/CS

Established Member
OP it is looking good

Ordered mine today. I should have it later this week. I was really wanting somewhere to place my gauges and this looks like the ticket at the bottom. I will have to do a little fiberglass to the gauges fit nice. I really didnt like the idea of pillar or vent and this seems to solve it

This dash kit/ radio combo already tapps into your obd2 adn lets you read your gauges through the radio screen.

Fastnature

Established Member
This dash kit/ radio combo already tapps into your obd2 adn lets you read your gauges through the radio screen.

This kit reads boost? If so I missed that. I was under the impression that it reads only oem gauges. Be nice if it had some way to read boost cause it would save me some time and coin

Users who are viewing this thread