New 94-04 spindle brake option

SilverGT1

Established Member
LowRanger96: Installed the kit. very straight forward. However, I am seeing a lot of pad exposure above the rotor:
Pad to rotor top.JPG

I think the bottom looks good:
Pad to rotor bottom.JPG

lowranger96

Established Member
While there is certainly less hang exposure compared to the other option there is still going to be some since there are other physical limitations to how far we can lower the caliper and pad.

Are you using 13” cobra rotors? There are quite a few guys running without trimming the pads but like the instructions say there will be some overhang and trimming is the option of the end user.

Your overhang does look a bit more then mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4JDM

Established Member
Excuse my ignorance, but the lack of the crossover tube makes the front facing pots of the brake calipers useless right? If there is no fluid going in, only the rear pots are active.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Excuse my ignorance, but the lack of the crossover tube makes the front facing pots of the brake calipers useless right? If there is no fluid going in, only the rear pots are active.

There is an internal crossover. If you split the calipers there is an O-ring that seals them. All 4 pistons (2 inboard & 2 outboard) move when the caliper compresses.

This is a different Brembo, but it's similar to where this gentleman is pointing

Attachments

• 1651847695275.png
    1651847695275.png
    599.5 KB · Views: 76

4JDM

Established Member
I wondered about that man. Sweet. Thanks for all your input on this. You da man!

NicksGTR

Established Member
Most youtube videos I've watched use the StopTech stainless lines. I ordered a set this weekend from LMR part StopTech number 950-61001. Part fits 94-04. With weekend discount, total came to $88.50

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Most youtube videos I've watched use the StopTech stainless lines. I ordered a set this weekend from LMR part StopTech number 950-61001. Part fits 94-04. With weekend discount, total came to $88.50

I have the Stoptech lines on my car and found them to be a tad bit short. They work, and I'm sure many folks run them without issue, but I wish they were 1-2" longer.

I previously had a set of 20 year old Goodridge SS lines on the car that were 1-2" longer. I proactively replaced them due to age, but I was disappointed to see the Stoptechs were shorter as it gave me issues positioning them in a place that gave me enough clearance on the tire. I was able to get something to work though.

Users who are viewing this thread