New 6.8L V8 for F150/Mustang?

delvin.a

Established Member
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Just another commercial engine offering, that will only be found in vehicles that don’t require fuel mileage reporting. Ford is pushing hard in the fleet/commercial segments.

Their union head said specifically “mustang and f-150 variants” so take that ballonhead

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw it reported again, this morning, in my Fox News feed. Exciting news, for sure.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My buddy has am Ecoboost F150 2017. 20ft enclosed trailer he pulled from WA to Montana he got 9mpg, I tow with an 1989 quad cab 3500 Chevy. It has a 19ft dovetail car deck. 454, turbo 400, 9mpg. Unless you are diesel, towing jacks your mpg, in any decade of vehicle, or motor size.

This is my 6.7 diesel bed full of about 3500 pounds of equipment , towing about 7000 pounds daily

IMG_2365.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Soon as I heard this my plans for a new Bronco in 2 years went on the back burner! I love the Coyote but I always figured..."ehh one day I'll buy another used mustang, buying a new one doesnt get you much but new looks so at some point ill take one" . Now with this story...even though im sure the 2022 Mustang will eventually get heavier, it's more intriguing to me. The potential for this engine is awesome! I fully see them using it as a small number / limited edition at first.
I just hope if they do decide on a cylinder on demand set up its better than GM's that eats cams and lifters.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I just hope if they do decide on a cylinder on demand set up its better than GM's that eats cams and lifters.

It will 100% absolutely have to have all that "stuff" on it to meet emissions and fuel mileage standards. GM and FCA have been using this stuff for well over a decade, and have worked with all the key industry suppliers. It's very mature tech now. Ford ain't gonna revolutionize it.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
It will 100% absolutely have to have all that "stuff" on it to meet emissions and fuel mileage standards. GM and FCA have been using this stuff for well over a decade, and have worked with all the key industry suppliers. It's very mature tech now. Ford ain't gonna revolutionize it.

I know....I know it will have it....hopefully it will be fairly easy to defeat lol.
I was really wishful thinking.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Bingo

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Did anyone point out that according to the Unifor agreement, that this new engine is to be produced in the same plant as the 7.3 vs. the plant (Essex I believe) that currently produces the mod motors. That virtually guarantees that this engine will be cast iron, vs. aluminum. No way Ford wastes money investing in aluminum block production in a plant that doesn't have it, while one with existing capability is literally a mile or two down the road.

This is just another new commercial focused engine. Sorry to piss in the Cheerios.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Did anyone point out that according to the Unifor agreement, that this new engine is to be produced in the same plant as the 7.3 vs. the plant (Essex I believe) that currently produces the mod motors. That virtually guarantees that this engine will be cast iron, vs. aluminum. No way Ford wastes money investing in aluminum block production in a plant that doesn't have it, while one with existing capability is literally a mile or two down the road.

This is just another new commercial focused engine. Sorry to piss in the Cheerios.
Your not sorry to piss in the cheerios

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep.. back to doubling the size of the EPA and requiring 0 emission passenger cars by Jan 2, 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread