New 2012 GT- Oil questions

3Mach1

Established Member
I would like to see somebody run the oil life monitor all the way out and then do a UOA on various oils for the 5.0. It would be interesting to see the results.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I would like to see somebody run the oil life monitor all the way out and then do a UOA on various oils for the 5.0. It would be interesting to see the results.

That would be a cool test. Apparently the calculations the computer uses to determine the oil life takes quite a few factors into consideration.

3Mach1

Established Member
That would be a cool test. Apparently the calculations the computer uses to determine the oil life takes quite a few factors into consideration.

The GM oil life monitor seems to be quite accurate from what I can tell and I just wonder how good Fords is. If it works it could save us all a lot of money and time. I know one guy ran his L99 Camaro out to 13K miles on just regular mobile 1 (not the extended performance) and his UOA was pretty darn good from what I remember. Ford does not specify synthetic for the Mustang so I wonder if the calibration is different ect...

I know there are a lot of oil threads on svt and I try to read them but I have not seen much mention at all about the intelligent oil life monitor system. Is anybody tracking that along with UAO reports? I am just curious about this since it "should"take some of the guess work out of oil changes.

Users who are viewing this thread