NEW 11 second track times - Stock shortblock '94 Cobra

69mach03

Established Member
What air filter are you running to keep that under the stock hood? And what is that under the coil that's belt driven?

I had maybe 2 inches of clearance with the stock hood, so I added a 1 inch carb spacer. Needless to say, no air filter on this setup. It's a track car only: in and out of the shop, on and off the trailer, around the pits, down the track, and occasionally some "street" time for testing. I'll likely put an air cleaner on it whenever a cowl hood goes on the car and definitely whenever it becomes tagged again for street use.

It's a Moroso electric water pump drive. Works great and the leads are reversible (like a cooling fan) to work with the stock reverse-rotation water pump. Poor man's electric water pump. I bought this with intentions of keeping the heater lines hooked up for the inside of the car, but when I removed the FI, the lines went too and I blocked off the ports on the water pump. Still a cheap part: MOR-63750

Last edited:

69mach03

Established Member
man theres so much space in there now with the carb set up, looks really clean

Thanks! There is still A LOT of fuel injection harnesses and components that need to be removed. I think I'm going to remove the dash and pull out the heater core and other parts not required for track use. While I've got it out, I'm leaning towards a chromoly 10-point cage. A little over-kill for a low 11 second car, but would prevent a ton of extra work required whenever I go to a windsor based powerplant. Plus, I'm illegal now with no bar, so I'm adding weight / removing timing to run 11.50 to prevent getting kicked out of my local track. (I'm a bracket racer)

Here is the video as promised:

[ame=http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq107/hertrichpart/?action=view&current=Pass1.flv]Pass1.flv video by hertrichpart - Photobucket[/ame]

Note the dimensions are off as it was filmed and edited in a wide-screen format.
Copy the link and open it directly for a cleaner viewing and full screen capability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread