Neverlift 1/2 mile in Coalinga with the GT500

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Good video, looks like fun for sure. Where is this race held somewhere in northern Ca.?
You did a nice job driving, can you imagine how the Corvette driver felt after leaving his car in reverse.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Good video, looks like fun for sure. Where is this race held somewhere in northern Ca.?
You did a nice job driving, can you imagine how the Corvette driver felt after leaving his car in reverse.
Its in a central CA. One day i would like to be able to attend this event.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool vid! I don’t know much about 1/2 mile but it seemed like on at least one vid you shifted close to the finish. What gear and rpm do finish in?
-J

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Cool vid! I don’t know much about 1/2 mile but it seemed like on at least one vid you shifted close to the finish. What gear and rpm do finish in?
-J
I usually shift around 6400-6500 rpm and finish up in 5th gear at above 155mph. This is in a standing 1/2 mile. Some races are setup on a roll race so mph isn't a measure in those races.

Sent from my PH-1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RLB01

Established Member
I was there Sunday (lighting blue 2018 GT, A10, with P-1X running E85) making three passes with best time of 168. Though poor traction it was a fun experience to run your car as fast as it will go for 1/2 mile.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I was there Sunday (lighting blue 2018 GT, A10, with P-1X running E85) making three passes with best time of 168. Though poor traction it was a fun experience to run your car as fast as it will go for 1/2 mile.
Sunday was amuch better day. I wish I would have run Sunday. Temps at at least 15 degrees colder.

Sent from my PH-1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I was seriously considering attending this event... sad I couldn't make it, but glad you had fun! Your GT500 looks fantastic...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nothing outside of standard track pack coolers. The GT500 that beat me in the end was using a killer chiller...
That other gt500, how much power was it making, what its the highest trap?

Did you run any GT500s?

RLB01

Established Member
That other gt500, how much power was it making, what its the highest trap?

Did you run any GT500s?

Yes, GT500, Hellcat, and C7 Vet., beat them all. The C7 was on my last and slowest pass, 165. The A10 works so well in those conditions where traction is a big issue. Personally, it's not important to me who beats whom, it's the numbers you produce.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The last race was with a GT500 that was making close to 900rwhp and his best was 168mph....again 90+ degree heat day was not really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread