Never seen this - Dyno sheet included

layzie

Established Member
IMG_0619.jpg

-The tuner and I as well as aa dozen other cobra enthusists have no idea what the heck is wring here.

-We have fuel, air and spark and they measure perfect yet the result is low power.

-The dyno sheet is a 2.3 whipple with all supporting mods and lethal fuel system on it....

-We changed pulleys from 3.25 to 3.0 and picked up nothing...
-We changed plugs and gaped them and picked up nothing...

-The very first pull was 30 rwhp less than the second pull and we changed nothing. We smell no cluth (factory clutch with 12k miles on it and driven like grandma)

-We unplugged all injectors 1 by one and each one changed the idle so the injectors are good. The plugs all look good. Not wet and not dry.

-We checked the billetflow throttlebody and it is opening all the way when pedal is to the ground.

-No trouble codes
-Boost holding at 17 psi all the way through
-No smoke out the tailpipes at all
-Car runs, idles and drives perfect and shows no signs of mechanical issue.
-Blower sounds like all bearings are good, no sign of bad noises or anything from the car.

layzie

Established Member
IC pump is working and IATS are low. its 108 before the blower and 125 after the intercooler.

Blackedout

Established Member
How many miles on the car .... Maybe the CATs are plugged...

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Were you datalogging with any Sct software off of the same computer that the dyno runs off of?

layzie

Established Member
Were you datalogging with any Sct software off of the same computer that the dyno runs off of?

Yes

Blackedout: the car has 12,000 miles on it

Spoolin By U: Going to do compressi0on and leakdown test tomorrow.

layzie

Established Member

Yes

:cryying:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes

:cryying:

It's the datalogging software causing interference with the dyno software. I tell you this from recent experience with our Boss. Remove the Sct software from the dyno computer and your problems should be gone.

Jared

layzie

Established Member
The tuner had issues getting the SCT software to load right before we ever ran the car so I assume Jared was right however, I was 500 miles out of state and had to make an executive decision quickly and ended up letting them overnight and install a spec stage 3 with 26 spline to rule out the clutch after compression test was completed.

I drove the car home last night and everything was fine, I have to break in the clutch before I can dyno the car now so it will be a couple of months before I get the power I was seeking in the first place.

HEre is the stock clutch, what do you guys think? SCT error on Dyno or factory clutch with 12k miles slipping? You be the judge!

IMG_0620.jpg

---

IMG_0621.jpg

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
I hate hearing that you cant go on the dyno until the clutch is broken in, lol

I installed a built motor, whipple and spec 3+ and drove straight to the dyno and made 670rwhp.

LIES!

jonboy688

Established Member
could he of not changed the graph to speed and spread it out to see if there was a spike in speed? vs a nice smooth climbing rate/line? that would of been a easy way to find out if it was clutch slip!

Black Sex

Established Member
The tuner had issues getting the SCT software to load right before we ever ran the car so I assume Jared was right however, I was 500 miles out of state and had to make an executive decision quickly and ended up letting them overnight and install a spec stage 3 with 26 spline to rule out the clutch after compression test was completed.

I drove the car home last night and everything was fine, I have to break in the clutch before I can dyno the car now so it will be a couple of months before I get the power I was seeking in the first place.

HEre is the stock clutch, what do you guys think? SCT error on Dyno or factory clutch with 12k miles slipping? You be the judge!

IMG_0620.jpg

---

IMG_0621.jpg

who does your toes? I like the color :poke:

A guy I work with put a new clutch in his car, drove it down the street. Did a few clutch dumps with slicks, took the car to the track and ran 10.40's (1.4x sixty foot). He also laughs at the 500 mile break in :shrug:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
clutch break in has nothing to do with a WOT pull, clutch break in has to do with high rev engagements, which dyno activities are not.

layzie

Established Member
Honestly I have yet to really test it. I drove home after the shop put in the clutch and it was a 500 mile drive with frequent stops so that helped break in the clutch and at this point the chatter is almost gone so I am ready to take her out tomorrow and see what she does in 3rd and 4th.

As long as the A/F stays around 11.7 I will stay in it and see what happens although I am a little afraid of the tune we left on it with 20 degrees of timing. Seems steep for 93 octane :dw:

Will report back tomorrow or Tuesday with the seat of the pants dyno!

Users who are viewing this thread