Neil Armstrong Died at 82

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just saw this on Yahoo, terrible. Was a great America.
what's terrible about it? the man was 82 and did more in half those years than most of us combined. he led a long full life and went out holding his head high and still an unblemished hero.

I watched every second of this. I still have some of the newpapers and a life magazine about it. when they returned to earth I was sitting in a room with a guy who had witnessed flight from the wright bros to the moon and back. it was amazing to see him tear up when they picked them out of the water.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
At least he lived a long life! I'm sure he accomplished everything that he wanted to in that time!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
He lived a exciting life. I reused many a book report on him through my grade school days.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope that was a joke (or mistake). Especially from somebody with a Carl Sagan quote in his sig.

RIP Neil Armstrong.

I believe he was re-stating NBC News' embarrassing goof: a website headline that read: "Astronaut Neil Young, first man to walk on the moon, dies at age 82." I find it sad that the death of this great space pioneer got minimal media coverage. And yet the media floods us with stories and images of "celebrities" who have died of drug overdoses, substance abuse, etc. Celebrities who have contributed near zero to this great country or to mankind. JMO.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
what's terrible about it? the man was 82 and did more in half those years than most of us combined. he led a long full life and went out holding his head high and still an unblemished hero.

I watched every second of this. I still have some of the newpapers and a life magazine about it. when they returned to earth I was sitting in a room with a guy who had witnessed flight from the wright bros to the moon and back. it was amazing to see him tear up when they picked them out of the water.

Terrible in a sense that we don't have many living American heros like him left, or new figures like him being created. Like I said before, now we idolize and give attention to assholes and scumbags like Snooki, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, The Kardasians, Justin Bieber, felon athletes, etc, and the list goes on and on... People are too busy watching junk TV shows like American Idol, playing video games, or texting back and forth with eachother to want to make something of themselves.

And before anyone jumps on my back about what I just said, I'm man enough to admit I'm no different either, as I've never really accomplished anything exceptional, nor done anything to stand out from the crowd. What's the point too though when we live in a society today that doesn't care about people making noteworthy accomplishments, and gives all the money and attention to braindead imbeciles like those people I mentioned.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Terrible in a sense that we don't have many living American heros like him left, or new figures like him being created. Like I said before, now we idolize and give attention to assholes and scumbags like Snooki, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, The Kardasians, Justin Bieber, felon athletes, etc, and the list goes on and on... People are too busy watching junk TV shows like American Idol, playing video games, or texting back and forth with eachother to want to make something of themselves.

And before anyone jumps on my back about what I just said, I'm man enough to admit I'm no different either, as I've never really accomplished anything exceptional, nor done anything to stand out from the crowd. What's the point too though when we live in a society today that doesn't care about people making noteworthy accomplishments, and gives all the money and attention to braindead imbeciles like those people I mentioned.

in that cas I agree with you 100%

WOT 88

Established Member
Pretty sick generation we live in where we live up to people like Kim Kardashian, Justin Bieber, or felon professional athletes, Yet heros like this get almost no publicity. I can't remember the last time I heard about Niel till now, yet he's accomplished so much with his life.

What a disgrace the media is.

+ infinity, that is unfortunately a very true statement :nonono: The first man to walk on the moon and not much more than "oh yeah, dude died" column here and there.

Armstrong was definitely a hero of mine growing up. I read every book I could in my youth on space exploration. Hell, I even dressed up like an astronaut on Halloween. I'm just north of the KSC and watched the challenger blow up from my back yard as a liitle kid, I remember the vapors after it exploded like it was yesterday.

I look at my 14 month old son sometimes, and I wonder what and who he will have to look up to in his time.

RIP Neil, thank you for you're great contribution to society.

Users who are viewing this thread