needing tuner info for eaton swap.. couple of specific questions.

Kennedy jay

Established Member
whats up guys.. im on the back end of a rebuild for my 2004 mach 1. full eaton swap with all supporting mods. cobra top end, injectors ect... but with mach ecm. car ran ok til boost and fell..
i had a full rebuild done, with 9to 1 pistons, fully forged setup. planning on a smaller pully.. about 14 lbs when done.
question 1,, ive read alot on this but no real solutions yet.. can the factory mach ecm be setup for the blower? or is an aftermarket tuner needed... sry if i seem like a newb... old school tech here..

2. does the ecm need to see a boost reference signal, or is it a preset number in the map to control it. ?
thanks for any awnsers guys...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You need an aftermarket tune. A professional tuner will make a tune and load it into your current ECU. There are a couple guys on here that tuen remotely if you don't have anyone local. Or you can pick up the software and tune it yourself.

You don't need to run anything to the ECU. The ECU calculates load which is used for things like spark timing at certain RPM's.

Basically find a decent tuner and get a good wideband and you should be good.

Kennedy jay

Established Member
any way i can get introduced to one of these guys?? i got about 10 days to get my motor back.. so i can have everything reaxy.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
or what the software i need would be... tbat would,be a great resource to have..

I've been using SCT for a long time. I've heard good things about decipha's set up as well. If I was shopping for software currently I'd probably looking at what he has.

Kennedy jay

Established Member
the ecm still has the stock mach 1 tune, but the motors not back in the car yet.. i get it back in about a week. im just preparing for it.
ill download the files and start checking it out.. what about hardware?? as far as loading into the ecm itself, just a basic laptop? or can i use a tablet? would love to dash mount for datalogging.

Users who are viewing this thread