Needing help with 03 Mach 1 single turbo build

12valvetwin

TT Chevy Cummins
Established Member
I have an 03 Mach 1 with 127xxx and it spun a rod bearing. I couldn't believe with the multiculous maintainence that it did that but it did. So I have had the block cleaned, honed, pistons and rods cleaned and checked, (had one bad rod which was the one that the bearing spun in), heads cleaned and valve job, and crank welded and turned .010. It was basically stock except H pipe, V-Force mufflers and a K&N filter and new clutch and turned flywheel. One rod from ford is gonna cost me $300+ just for a stock rod so I decided I want to go ahead and put h beams and diamond pistons in it and I found a Manley h be and diamond set for around $1200 that I'm gonna buy. I want to b able to put a single turbo on this and be able to drive it whenever I want without much problems. I have never built a turbo motor myself b4 so I don't know what all I will need to do for this car. If someone has a complete build sheet of this I would like to c it. I need to know everything I need to buy and do for this motor. I need to know what size and type of turbo I should run, what kind and where to get a good intercooler for terminator style bumper, I'm goin to prolly run a meth kit eventually. I plan on stuffing the entire motor and porting the heads. I have seen alot of people use a cobra block instead of the Mach blocks. Will mine b ok? I would like to c 500hp+ but don't expect 1000hp I just want a little bit of a street rod I am able to drive on weekends and smoke a few top notch cars. What compression ratio should I go with? Where should I buy gasket kit and bearings? What fuel system should I use? I need complete build info so I can get started on this. Any help would b greatly appreciated. Also since I am a truck driver I won't b building this just buying parts and havin a mechanic do the work for the most part so no worries there lol

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
turbo C head 4v's hit 500RWHP all day long. Some even do it with the stock un forged block. Stock longblock 04 cobras are hittings 700 RWHP mark with Hellion and HPP Kits.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
No need to go over to the "terminator" section, those guys just add turbos to their stock engine and call it a day...and that setup is no where optimum for making efficient power. To make your engine hold up to boost all you need are some good forged rods ans pistons. Stock main and head bolts will work as will all the stock gaskets. The compression ratio needs to be no lower than 9.5:1 to prevent losing a lot of torque and preboost power and add a set of 96-98 intake cams installed at an LC of 106.

With 10psi you would see well over 500rwp and driveabily will be as good or better than stock.

Last edited:

bwahl602

Established Member
No need to go over to the "terminator" section, those guys just add turbos to their stock engine and call it a day...and that setup is no where optimum for making efficient power. To make your engine hold up to boost all you need are some good forged rods ans pistons. Stock main and head bolts will work as will all the stock gaskets. The compression ratio needs to be no lower than 9.5:1 to prevent losing a lot of torque and preboost power and add a set of 96-98 intake cams installed at an LC of 106.

With 10psi you would see well over 500rwp and driveabily will be as good or better than stock.

+100

dont go dropping to ulta low CR... im a big fan of lower boost while maintaining CR instead of dropping the CR to 8:1 and running a ton of boost

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
+100

dont go dropping to ulta low CR... im a big fan of lower boost while maintaining CR instead of dropping the CR to 8:1 and running a ton of boost

+1 this thread looks pretty promising. :beer:
Hope to see a full build with alot of info as im looking to do a similar one this winter

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
screw a cobra block. stick to the aluminum, its strong enough i think they're good to 900 hp if im not wrong. i know the teksid block which is fords strongest is good for over 1000. plus the mach block is lighter :)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
There are many mach blocks making 1k hp and on up to over 2k hp.[/i]

The Mach (WAP) blocks are good for 700rwhp, any higher and they start loding integrity. The Teksids are good for much higher but at 2k they require some work to hold up. The high RPM n/a engines are using iron blocks because all the aluminum version flex too much.

12valvetwin

TT Chevy Cummins
Established Member
I have decided to go with helion's hellraiser twin turbo kit instead of the single turbo set up. I am goin to upgrade to the 64mm ball bearing turbos and upgrade the to the maximum motorsports tubular k member and turbosmart eboost2 boost controller. I am goin to go with diamond pistons and ap total seal rings somewhere around a 9 cr not exactly sure on what cr yet, I am also trying to decide if I should go with stock bore or a .20 or .30 over. Also going with the Manley h beam rods with clevitte rod bearings. I have heard to change the cams and to not change the cams so I'm not sure what I should do there yet? I also am not sure what other things I should do to my motor to help it last and build more power out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread