Need your opinion............

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
O.K. guys (and gals:p )........

In your humble opinions, do you think adding a 5" monster tach w/ a shift light to your Stang is ricey and tacky? Well, I just purchased me one because I think that it is useful and cool, but I had a couple of guys tease me about it (Chevy guys at that). Just wanted to know what ya'll thought.............

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
If your car is modded it is ok, but if it is show-room stock I don't care that much for it. It would be ok if your car just had a decent look to it that included tinted windows to kind of hide it.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Well, I'm not stock, and it is brushed aluminum to match my other interior accessories, and I can use the light at the track. I was just going to get a shift light, but I ran accross the light and the tach together for the same price. Made sense to go ahead and get both.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
OK then, I guess I should ask if you would use it or not.........(Note to self: I gotta feelin' that they all don't think too highly of this :dw: )

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
What's wrong with the stock tach? Are you pushing 500+ HP and need the extra large display to accurately shift? Just curious.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
What's wrong with the stock tach? Are you pushing 500+ HP and need the extra large display to accurately shift? Just curious.

Well, I guess there are a couple of reasons. 1) When racing, I don't care too much for taking my eyes off the road to check my tack at redline (no rev limiter).2) I rev higher now with the addition of my cams and it's basically a guessing game when you have to quickly glance down at the guages and guess, because I can rev higher than the stock redline on the factory guages. Other than that, there's really no reason, I just wanted a shift light, and like I said in an earlier post, I ran accross this shift light/tach combo at the same price they are getting for just the shift lights alone. Basically a more for the same money type deal.:shrug:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
In my opinion it is rice as hell but people told me the same thing when I had my headlights tinted yellow to match my paint.

the bottom line is if you like it, for whatever reason which you don't have to prove shit to ANYBODY, you should mount it, and flaunt it. That's why the car is yours, not SVTP's...

just my opinion:shrug:

so basically, keep it, you bought it for a reason, you must like it, alot of us don't know why you like it or need it but we don't need to. It's yours and it's your car to build to your tastes and make it your Mustang.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
In my opinion it is rice as hell but people told me the same thing when I had my headlights tinted yellow to match my paint.

the bottom line is if you like it, for whatever reason which you don't have to prove shit to ANYBODY, you should mount it, and flaunt it. That's why the car is yours, not SVTP's...

so basically, keep it, you bought it for a reason, you must like it, alot of us don't know why you like it or need it but we don't need to. It's yours and it's your car to build to your tastes and make it your Mustang.

Thanx man........it's not that you guys are deciding for me, I just wanted some feedback.......after all, I did start the thread asking (hehe)........but anyways, I do value all you guys opinions, and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all. But I do look at it like this, to me, it's nowhere near as bad as painting your interior, which I know alot of peeps here have done, but it's what they liked. I'm gonna do a mock install tomarrow, just to get an idea, and maybe post some pics to see what ya'll think.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by NiteMareGT
O.K. guys (and gals:p )........

In your humble opinions, do you think adding a 5" monster tach w/ a shift light to your Stang is ricey and tacky? Well, I just purchased me one because I think that it is useful and cool, but I had a couple of guys tease me about it (Chevy guys at that). Just wanted to know what ya'll thought.............
do it, i like mine. went with an svo from fms

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake

I agree. If YOU like it keep it and use it, who cares if we like it.:rockon:

CBudweiserC

Established Member
In all actuallity, the 5" tachs originated from professional drag racers and NASCAR's. Now, if you can call them ricey then that's fine. Personally, I don't much care for that big of a tach. I do have a shift lite though. When I race, I don't particularly care about what RPM I"m at unless @ the starting line and when I'm at my shift RPM which my lite takes care of for me. So, no need to take my eye off the lane, just wait for the lite.

I think it got labled Ricey when the Honda **** starting putting them on their cool VTEC cars that were stock. So shame on them for ruining it for others.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Well, your opinions do matter because I do alot of car shows, and it's guys like you that vote. If it won't fly here, it probably won't fly at the shows either IMO. But I have noticed that nearly all the cars featured in MM/FF, and 5.0 magazine have the monster tachs.......so I still don't know. I appreciate all of your feedback posts.

Users who are viewing this thread