Need tuning?

eekkaann

Established Member
Hi!

so I bought a 2008Gt500 last summer that came with a X3 tuner. The car has a 5.8 trinity supercharger, JLT intake, kooks longtube headers, catted x- pipe and stock axelback. The previous owner told me its Brenspeed tuned.
The car runs great, very strong but I felt it needed more cooling, So Im currently waiting for a VMP dual H/E and 170 thermostat to arrive.

I guess I need a new tune when I install this? I also bought 15” rear dragwheels that Im going to use alot so I guess I also need a tune for that so the speedo is OK?
The reason I ask ( I have sent Brenspeed a Mail but have not got a reply yet ) is a new tune is like 250$ and seems like alot for small changes? Maby Im wrong here?

Also, I run this supercharger on stock fuelsystem, stock injectors. The only thing that was changed when the former owner put on the new supercharger was colder sparkplugs and tune, this should be no problem he was told, but Im a little bit nervous eaven if the car runs great. I eaven seen this supercharger being sold in a kit with only sparkplugs and tune.
Should I be worried?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The cooling mods don't really need a tune, but I understand your other concerns. You could pull the plugs and see if there are any signs of detonation. You may be able to change your fan speeds with your tuner, if those user defined parameters are open in the tune.

96gt02

Established Member
cooling mods wont need a tune and unless you running the drag wheels all the time who cares about an accurate speedo at the track.

69b302

Established Member
SCT tunes can have adjustments, to some parameters, via the hand held enabled or disabled. Adjustments can include fan on/off temp, gears, tire size/rev per mile, etc.... Have you checked to see if you current tune has the adjustments enabled? This is something the tuner sets.

eekkaann

Established Member
No I haven’t plugged in my tuner to my computer or car so I havent checked.

I plan on run the 15” rear wheels often and on the road so I think I want it to be accurate, but then again, I dont want to spend 250$ just for that.

Users who are viewing this thread