need to ship a car to hawaii. any ideas?

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I need to get some quotes on shipping a car to Hawaii. anyone have experience with that?? I called my normal guy who I use inside the 48 but he doesnt to Hawaii anymore...

Speedboosted

Established Member
Just drive it, way cheaper.

I think a basic google search for international shipping would work. I understand Hawaii is in the US, but its across a body of water, which international shipping companies would excel in.

nxhappy

Established Member
number one, it will cost a shit load of money. number two, transit time will be 3-4 weeks. I don't know any guys out of PA that ship to Hawaii. But from CA it's 14 days transit. They will charge you per cubic foot, and obviously the car is going to take up tons of space in a container. Honestly I would sell the car. Unless it's a collector.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Not bad my normal shipper hooked me up with another company $2500 my door to hawaii port. I'm selling my evo and a potential buyer lives in Hawaii. I'm not moving anywhere soon.

Spudz

Established Member
Can I extend this question to Alaska? Probably more options, I'd say, since there is no water to cross. But you are crossing into Canada, unless a ferry is an option.

I'm relocating from Florida to Alaska and I want to take the GT500 with me.

nxhappy

Established Member
Not bad my normal shipper hooked me up with another company $2500 my door to hawaii port. I'm selling my evo and a potential buyer lives in Hawaii. I'm not moving anywhere soon.

you sure the buyer is legit? sounds like an internet scam. I wouldn't ship anything oversees. That car could get hammered.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Your potential buyer lives here? They should be helping you look for ways to get the car here if thats what they want. Easiest in my opinion is to have the car hauled to the west coast then loaded at a port there. Matson and Pasha are the main shippers to and from the mainland. From west coast to here was around 1000-1100 last time my friends shipped vehicles. One was a Scion xB and the other a 2500 Chevy Diesel.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
ya thats what they said. a grand to get it to cali.. then 1500 to get it in a container and to the port. It was a simple phone call. not doing anything else unless he pays me now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread