Need to buy & Install Cup 2’s

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I need new shoes on my 2014 Shelby GT500. I’d like to try the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 Connects with the 240 treadwear rating. I have Discount tire locations near me who can install, but I don’t see those specific tires on discouttire’s website. There are Cup 2’s, but the Connect 240’s are the only ones I can find in my sizes. However, I can only find them at another online retailer, and I’d rather not mess with having them shipped to a third party to install.

Can I get the Cup 2 Connect (240)’s from Discount Tire in the stock sizes (265/40R19 front and 285/35R20 rears)?

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I need new shoes on my 2014 Shelby GT500. I’d like to try the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 Connects with the 240 treadwear rating. I have Discount tire locations near me who can install, but I don’t see those specific tires on discouttire’s website. There are Cup 2’s, but the Connect 240’s are the only ones I can find in my sizes. However, I can only find them at another online retailer, and I’d rather not mess with having them shipped to a third party to install.

Can I get the Cup 2 Connect (240)’s from Discount Tire in the stock sizes (265/40R19 front and 285/35R20 rears)?

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. Although they are not something we list on our site we are able to special order the cup 2 connect tires. PM on the way.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Thanks! I responded.

It‘s really tempting to upsize from the 285/35R20 in the rear to the 295/35’s. The Cup 2’s have a more rounded shoulder than the GoodYear F1 Supercar tires the car came with; enough that the Cup 2‘s have 0.5” LESS measured tread width. If I ’upsize’ to the 295 Cup 2’s, I’ll have 0.2” MORE tread width compared to the 285 Goodyear’s. But, I’m concerned about the 295 on the stock 9.5” wide wheel. It SHOULD be okay, but I remember a lot of people had trouble with the death wobble from Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 295 with the stock wheels. I don’t want to spend $2k on Cup 2’s and have that problem, so I’m leaning towards keeping stock sizes and just hoping the 0.5” tread width change doesn’t negatively effect Performance.

robvas

Established Member
Aren't those F1's terrible tires? Cpus would be a huge upgrade

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
The Supercar G:2 got a bad wrap because they are very binary. When warm they are sticky. When not they are very slick and downright dangerous. With that said, Goodyear has replaced the Supercar G:2’s with Supercar 3’s. But try as I might, I can’t find ANY technical information as to what they improved or how. All I can find is ad copy. So without any evidence or reasoning to try the new SC3, I’m going to give Cup 2’s a try.

Users who are viewing this thread