Need tire recomendation

djtech

Established Member
I have a set of stock wheels (17x8) that I want to get two tires for. These will be my dedicated track tires. I ran 275/40/17 BFG Drag Radials before. They were a little wide for my tastes and I'd like something a little bit smaller.

I'm having problems finding drag tires in 255/45/17 or 26x10x17. Can someone recommend a tire near one of these sizes?

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
I'd have to agree with 01low; if your lookin for a set of tires for track use only on a dedicated "extra" set of rims I'd go with the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. They flat friggin hook.

DetroitDice

Established Member
275's are nice just not on a 8" wheel. I'll probably end up getting that size though since I can't find a better one.

My last set I drove on the highway to Chicago and back and a couple days after that the sidewall blew out. It looked like low tire pressure could have been the issue so if I do go with 275/40's I better make sure the tire never gets low :beer:

djtech

Established Member
DetroitDice said:
275's are nice just not on a 8" wheel. I'll probably end up getting that size though since I can't find a better one.

My last set I drove on the highway to Chicago and back and a couple days after that the sidewall blew out. It looked like low tire pressure could have been the issue so if I do go with 275/40's I better make sure the tire never gets low :beer:

Whoops, forgot I logged in for my friend a while back! LOL, I didn't notice until I get an email about a reply...

That post above was from me.

Users who are viewing this thread