Need tips on installing whipple 2.3...

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Is there anything that i need to know about when installing a whipple?
And is it safe driving the car to the dyno with the whipple 2.3 and 60lb injectors installed?

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Post this in the taste of home section.. There's a lot of very smart guys in the area that (if asked nicely) can offer some sound advice or maybe even lend a hand.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
You can drive the car to the dyno. Just stay out of boost. If you have any questions during your install send me a message and i'll be glad to help you. I did one on my car and it was very straight forward

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Is there anything that i need to know about when installing a whipple?
And is it safe driving the car to the dyno with the whipple 2.3 and 60lb injectors installed?

One thing comes to mind. There are two hoses attatched to the boost bypass valve on your Eaton setup. On the Whipple there is only one. It doesn't state in the directions what you are suppose to do with the extra hose. So you know, just plug it off. I asked many people and nobody could answer my question lol. It wasn't until I talked to my tuner that he let me in on what to do with it.

As far driving it without a tune, you'll be fine as long as you stay out of the boost. Your car will run like ass until it's tuned though lol.

Last edited:

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
One thing comes to mind. There are two hoses attatched to the boost bypass valve on your Eaton setup. On the Whipple there is only one. It doesn't state in the directions what you are suppose to do with the extra hose. So you know, just plug it off. I asked many people and nobody could answer my question lol. It wasn't until I talked to my tuner that he let me in on what to do with it.

As far driving it without a tune, you'll be fine as long as you stay out of the boost. Your car will run like ass until it's tuned though lol.

Which hose is it? I just noticed that on mine today after I put it on. I was like what the hell. Also, how in the hell did you get the injectors in on the passenger side?

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Which hose is it? I just noticed that on mine today after I put it on. I was like what the hell. Also, how in the hell did you get the injectors in on the passenger side?

The hose I'm refering to is encased in a plastic sleeve that runs along the firewall. As far as the injectors, what kind of problem are you having getting them in?

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
The hose I'm refering to is encased in a plastic sleeve that runs along the firewall. As far as the injectors, what kind of problem are you having getting them in?

How do you get the very back injector and fuel rail back on. The plenum wont let it go in there right.

cough cough thread jack cough cough.
haha good question though i wanna know too.

I thought this was about tips on installing a whipple. This would be included.:beer:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I would think you would need some sort of base 60 lb injector tune before you should drive it to a tuner. . . its going to be crazy driving that car with different injectors. . .

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
wouldn't recommend driving without a tune for those 60lbers... can your tuner offer you a base simple tune just to drive it there so your car isn't dumping tons of fuel into your engine

Black306

Established Member
My tips:

• Use a hoist. Unless you have some body building friends or don't care about banging the blower/intake combo around, a hoist makes it much easier to remove and replace. Plus, it may save your gaskets.

• Go slow when removing the intercooler bolts. Many people suggest using a torch to heat up the thread lock found on the bolts. However, I believe that the bolts probably break because people are trying to take them out too fast. I took mine out slowly, without the use of a torch, and I had no problems.

• Install the EGR after installing the blower/intake. I found lining up the EGR-to-blower easier than lining up the EGR tube-to-EGR.

• Leave the driver's side injectors and fuel rail loose when dropping the blower/intake. I had a hard time reaching the EGR tube on the manifold end, so the tube didn't move around much. With the driver's side rail loose, I was able to work it under the EGR tube after dropping the blower/intake combo.

• Forget running a stock belt. If you plan on keeping the 3.5" pulley, no added idler, no replacement non-stock sized idlers, and no lower, you can forget the stock belt and grinding the belt tensioner. Instead, pick up a 76" belt. It'll fit perfectly.

• Expect to perform a PPRV delete. Unless you have the car tuned on a dyno and the tuner knows what they are doing, you will get a severe hesitation when going into the next gear at 5k+ rpm. This is due to a situational pressure drop in the fuel rails.

Also, its perfectly fine to drive (not race) to the dyno, as long as your tuner provides you with a tune that compensates for the injectors and mass-air (assuming you are getting another mass-air or MAFia). If they know what they are doing, your car will drive fine and nothing will go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread