Need summer tires for 2001 Cobra

DSCobra01

Established Member
All,

What are some of my options for summer tires nowadays? I see that the BFG KDW2's are discontinued as are the Goodyear Eagle GS D3's. A few years ago, I remember those tires being pretty popular among the Mustang crowd. I have zero need for all season tires so what's everyone's recommendations on a summer set in 275/40-18 size? (corrected as I need 18s)

Thanks!

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

DSCobra01

Established Member
Thanks Kevin. I'll definitely consider the Nittos or GEforce Sport Comp 2s! The GSD3 is just a little to pricey for me at a moment based on the link you provided :-D

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All,

What are some of my options for summer tires nowadays? I see that the BFG KDW2's are discontinued as are the Goodyear Eagle GS D3's. A few years ago, I remember those tires being pretty popular among the Mustang crowd. I have zero need for all season tires so what's everyone's recommendations on a summer set in 275/40-17 size?

Thanks!

Like kevinatfms noted, the 275/40R-17 GS-D3 is still available. We are currently sold out of this particular tire but we should have more inventory within the next couple of days :rockon: The Comp2 and NT05 are both sold performance tire models as well.

The right tire for you though will depend on what you need out of your tires as well as how much you're looking to spend. PM coming your way.

Users who are viewing this thread