Need some wheel and tire info

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I have a 09 F150 4x4 and I'm looking at your Level 8 Guardian 17X8.5 6-135 25MBL wheels and I want to know weight and max load rating. Also, what would be the max tire size I could run with out a lift? I was thinking Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70R17.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post.

The 17x8.5 +12 Guardian weighs 26lbs and has a load carrying capacity of 2500lbs.

Without a lift, the largest size we recommend is 285/70-17. You may be able to fit size 295/70-17 but some trimming may be required.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Level 8 wheels are produced in China. Most aftermarket wheel brands today are produced in China or Thailand.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Level 8 builds quality wheels. I haven't seen any issues with any of their models. I personally run their ZX on my X and have been very happy with them as well.

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Do you by any chance have picture of them on a Red 09 F150 super cab 4x4? I've been searching the net but all I keep finding are jeeps with them.

I also tried your interactive wheel system but the wheel isn't loaded in it.

Also curious about the MB Wheels TKO, looking for the same info on them as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do you by any chance have picture of them on a Red 09 F150 super cab 4x4? I've been searching the net but all I keep finding are jeeps with them.

I also tried your interactive wheel system but the wheel isn't loaded in it.

Also curious about the MB Wheels TKO, looking for the same info on them as well.

Thanks

Those Level 8 ZX w/ machined lip look sick too. Do they come in a +12 offset?

Unfortunately I do not have any photos but the specs are as follows:

17x8.5 +25 MB TKO

weight: 27lbs
load carrying capacity: 2500lbs
country of origin: China

17x9 +0 Level 8 ZX (0 offset only)

weight: 31lbs
load carrying capacity: 2500lbs
country of origin: China

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Thank you for the post.

The 17x8.5 +12 Guardian weighs 26lbs and has a load carrying capacity of 2500lbs.

Without a lift, the largest size we recommend is 285/70-17. You may be able to fit size 295/70-17 but some trimming may be required.

I was looking at the clearance and that +12 will make the wheel sit flush with the fenders. Beings the sidewall of a tall tire like this bulges out some, will it hit with the 285/70-17? I know the only way to tell is to test it, but I'm wondering if your company has tested this on other 09' 4x4 F150's?

Thanks for the all the info so far. I will be purchasing these wheels and a set tires as soon as I can determine that clearance will not be an issue.

What tire would you recommend in this size? I've been looking everywhere and I keep seeing mixed reviews on everything. I primarily drive on the street but I do go off-roading once a month in the mountains and worst thing I will encounter is some light mud or 6" of snow. However, I don't want to sacrifice wet performance for street use. Price isn't a big deal, just want the best even if it needs special ordered.

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I just noticed that you siad these are +12 offset. On the DTD website it says 25MBL. So is the offset +12 or +25? Do you know the factory offset on the 17" aluminum wheel and the width of the factory wheel? I'm thinking it's a +30 at 7.5" wide, not sure though.

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was looking at the clearance and that +12 will make the wheel sit flush with the fenders. Beings the sidewall of a tall tire like this bulges out some, will it hit with the 285/70-17? I know the only way to tell is to test it, but I'm wondering if your company has tested this on other 09' 4x4 F150's?

Thanks for the all the info so far. I will be purchasing these wheels and a set tires as soon as I can determine that clearance will not be an issue.

What tire would you recommend in this size? I've been looking everywhere and I keep seeing mixed reviews on everything. I primarily drive on the street but I do go off-roading once a month in the mountains and worst thing I will encounter is some light mud or 6" of snow. However, I don't want to sacrifice wet performance for street use. Price isn't a big deal, just want the best even if it needs special ordered.

I just noticed that you siad these are +12 offset. On the DTD website it says 25MBL. So is the offset +12 or +25? Do you know the factory offset on the 17" aluminum wheel and the width of the factory wheel? I'm thinking it's a +30 at 7.5" wide, not sure though.

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

Thank you for your continued patience.

My first response mentioning the +12mm offset was a typo. The 17x8.5 6-135 Guardian only comes with a +25mm offset. The maximum tire size we show that fits is 285/70-17. We have not test fit this directly but according to our measurements there should be no tire rub with this set-up. As far as the factory specs go, I show the OEM wheels being 7.5" wide with a +44mm offset. This means the 17x8.5 +25 mounted with 285/70-17s will sit about 1.5" further out from where the factory set up sits now.

As far as tire models go, an excellent choice to look into is the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. This tire does excellent off-road and even carries the mountain snow flake symbol for sever snow conditions. It also carries the E.C. noise symbol which means it passed stringent European noise standards. Even with an aggressive tread design it rides smooth and relatively quiet. Here's the link with more details.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Users who are viewing this thread