Need some suspension advice!

CarEnthusiast05

Established Member
Ok so this winter I’m doing the Full FTBR IRS kit and I am looking to do some suspension work as well. I need some help on a few things. Any help would be much appreciated!
My car will be running 18” CCW Sp500s full time with 275/35/18 front and a 305/315/335 street tire in the rear (Ex: toyo tq/r888). Haven’t decided what rear tire yet. I currently have nothing done suspension wise. Not even lowering springs. I do have Steeda x2 ball joints new in box and also already have Welded MM FLSC. Do you recommend I install the Ball joints or wait until I go tubular a arms/ K member and sell the x2s to recoup some cash?
My car will be used for street driving and monthly track days on a crappy pavement track. Maybe some nice track days once or twice a year.
I would like my car to be pretty low and have a great stance. I don’t like big fender gaps.

I have a couple options

Option 1:
Brand new Bilstein HD struts and shocks and H and R race springs with MM cc plates = $1200

Option 2: Full MM coilovers kit front and rear with Mm cc plates = $1700

Option 3: Full Viking coilovers kit front and rear = $1700 plus MM cc plates adds another $200

Option 4: Kw front and rear coilovers kit = $2500 (least favorite option because seems way too pricey for what I’m doing)

Option 5: Bc racing front and rear coilovers kit = $995

Option 6: Leave my front 47k mile front strut and do MM coilovers front and rear with brand new HD shocks out back and MM cc plates = $1300

Option 7: Just some lowering springs and Mm cc plates = $500

If there are any other better options let me know. My car is a coupe sitting at 500rwhp and will most likely be getting a bigger blower and e85 pushing 700-800rwhp next summer. I’m trying to plan ahead and get a suspension that could handle any future power I add. Thanks so much!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you're going to be on any kind of bad roads you won't be able to go too low. You'll scrape on everything just driving around. Since it sounds like you're mostly cruising I would do option 1. Your shocks/struts are probably a little tired now. While they're Bilstein, they're still an OE type shock/strut.

Users who are viewing this thread