Need some opinions

ColtonR

Established Member
Found an 07 GT500, grabber orange convertible with 106k miles. She has aftermarket mufflers and otherwise the engine is completely stock, the dealership is asking 19.9k and I am curious as to peoples opinions on the price.
I have been looking at others but the fact its local is always nice but the price falls right in line with kbb but I've seen others in texas etc with less mileage for near the same price so I figured I would ask.
I do e joy the grabber orange although it is a bit of a cop magnet. The paint looks great, no fading or anything and theres no listed accidents or anything on the background checks.

I appreciate the opinions!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Found an 07 GT500, grabber orange convertible with 106k miles. She has aftermarket mufflers and otherwise the engine is completely stock, the dealership is asking 19.9k and I am curious as to peoples opinions on the price.
I have been looking at others but the fact its local is always nice but the price falls right in line with kbb but I've seen others in texas etc with less mileage for near the same price so I figured I would ask.
I do e joy the grabber orange although it is a bit of a cop magnet. The paint looks great, no fading or anything and theres no listed accidents or anything on the background checks.

I appreciate the opinions!
Its not bad, but Id try and get them to knock 3 grand off the out the door price for the miles. The 5.4 4v S/C is a pretty stout motor, and being that its in a convertible, it probably wasnt beat on too hard. As long as its got good maintenance records, I wouldnt shy away from that if a vert GT500 is what you want.

If you want to race and play in Mexico, definitely pass and look for a coupe.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Some good points made in this thread.

You can definitely find other 07-09 GT500's with significantly less miles for about 5K-8K more. Mine had 24,XXX miles when I first got it, we paid around 26-27K for it and the car looked damn near new, with the exception of a few rock chips in the paint. I got mine a couple months ago and it's been nothing but pure ecstasy coming from my 96' Cobra haha.

If that grabber orange vert is exactly what you want, see if they'll back down on the price a couple grand. Me personally, unless I was getting ready to hot rod the shit out of the car, I wouldn't want to purchase a high-mileage GT500 unless I had the coins to rebuild and replace all the little things that generally start to fail on a 100K+ mile car.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Guys that want GT500's on the cheap, this is what you get. +100k and verts and usually black.
I think the price is still fair for what it is.

That being said, unless I was hard up for a really cheap GT500 just to say I had a GT500, I would pass. Honestly you can find 30-50k mileage 07-09 cars for mid to high 20's easily if you arent shopping at dealers. You can find pretty much built ones for the same price as well. You just need to be patient and more so look private.
The same cars at dealers seem to trend $27-30K

brigs

Established Member
I agree with the above comments. Unless you've been looking for those specifics, I would pass. I bought my Toyota from a dealership lightly used, and a couple of things didn't work soon after I took it home that they "fixed" before the sale - they fixed them for free afterwards and it saved me more than the difference I would have saved buying from a private party - that's the only real benefit of a dealership IMO. I ran into the same decision on convertible versus coupe, and I chose the coupe for safety/security and resale (plus convertible has more parts to maintain/replace). Anything over 75K miles I start to think of what's going to need to be replaced, unless it's been rebuilt/modified already. Worth the small extra cost for lower miles.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If you really like that body style and want that open air feeling, get an '09 with the glass roof, and drive it with the windows down.

RLB01

Established Member
Because of the miles with no after market items except muffles I would keep looking.

HKusp

Established Member
I have a slightly different take. I bought my '09 last September with a decent amount of aftermarket items on it, long tubes sway bar relocation brackets, cold air intake, smaller pulley, welded axles, McLeod RXT clutch, aluminum one piece drive shaft, Barton shifter, etc. It had 114k miles on it. I have since had the clutch rebuilt and changed the shocks, struts, put FRPP lowering springs on it, adjustable upper and lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar. It runs well and I am very happy with it. I daily drive it and have put 12K miles on it already in 10 months and the car sat for almost 2 at the end of winter/early spring. If you like the car and the price is right for you, buy it. But I would recommend having someone who knows these cars look at it before purchase.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Yep. 2009 was the first year for the glass roof.
I never knew this was an option in the older bodies. Interesting. If he is looking at a $19k high mileage car, I cannot imagine he will have the funds to find a glass roof 09. Glass roof newer models are hard enough to find.

Users who are viewing this thread