Need some new drag radials

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Can anyone point me in the right directions I new some 315x40x17 just for the rear . Thanks

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How do you use your Mustang? What tire do you have now and what do you like about them, what would you improve if you could change them?

2rbo97svt

Established Member
How do you use your Mustang? What tire do you have now and what do you like about them, what would you improve if you could change them?

Is a DD but I also take it to the track 1/4 mile and I have some shitty tires that keep me from taking it to the track some nexen . I need something that can hook really good that I can also drive the car on the streets.

robles96cobra

Established Member
i would run MT or Hoosier 335/35/17s. i have the NT05R on my cobra in 315s and they werent that great and im not making as much power as you.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is a DD but I also take it to the track 1/4 mile and I have some shitty tires that keep me from taking it to the track some nexen . I need something that can hook really good that I can also drive the car on the streets.

I recommend looking into the Nitto NT555R Drag Radial (315/35-17). This D/R offers good performance on both the street and track and typically lasts anywhere from 10K to 15K miles. Here's the link with more details.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys I think I'd be going with the nittos since they're cheaper and my car is a DD . I need the tires to last a bit longer then a few months .

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Are the 555 better then the nt05

The NT05R utilizes a softer compound and redesigned semi-radial carcass for increase performance from a dig. This model however does not last as long as the NT555R and typically gets 2K to 5K miles. Based on what you are looking for out of your tires (street/track use) the NT555R is the better choice.

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
The NT05R utilizes a softer compound and new semi-radial carcass for increase performance from a dig. This model however does not last as long as the NT555R and typically gets 2K to 5K miles. Based on what you are looking for out of your tires (street/track use) the NT555R is the better choice.

Thanks for all the help and yes I guess I'll got with the 555 since I want them to last a bit longer then just 2-5000 miles lol.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Will nitto nt05r - 315x35Rx17 fit on my 97 cobra? I have 17 in rims of course lol and they're 10 on the back .

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Well just order my first nitto NT05R 315x35x17 let's see how they grip . Thanks for all the help guys .

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The 315/35-17 size is tight but it will work. Some light fender mods will be needed depending on the wheel offset. Looking forward to your feedback on these.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
The 315/35-17 size is tight but it will work. Some light fender mods will be needed depending on the wheel offset. Looking forward to your feedback on these.

Where can you get a fender roller or whatever they're call (the thing to roll the inside of the fender

lightningmanny

Established Member
Where can you get a fender roller or whatever they're call (the thing to roll the inside of the fender

dont you work at trand winds....car looks familiar...

anyways i would go with the mickey thompson et street best tire for street/strip
alot of people hook with that tire at county line...
and for the fender roller theres a guy on craigslist who rent his tool out and you do it your self or look on facebook for fender rolling king of miami

2rbo97svt

Established Member
dont you work at trand winds....car looks familiar...

anyways i would go with the mickey thompson et street best tire for street/strip
alot of people hook with that tire at county line...
and for the fender roller theres a guy on craigslist who rent his tool out and you do it your self or look on facebook for fender rolling king of miami

Sorry I took long . I don't work where you say but I am looking for people to hang out with.

Users who are viewing this thread