Need some MACA muscle

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I'm just throwing this out because I need a little muscle. Some of you have been to my old house in Annapolis, which I now rent out. My tenants have not paid rent, I have received judgement and have the sheriff showing up for eviction.

Here's where I need MACA help if interested. I need as many guys as I can get to throw out my tenants stuff in two hours. If I don't have enough people, the evictions gets postponed until mid-August. I need them out for new tenants coming in. If you can help great. I will buy lunch and beer afterwards.

July 16th @ 10am in Annapolis.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

damn, I would love to do this and help out. But can't during the week. if it is rescheduled, see if you can get it on a weekend.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I wish I could move it guys but the sheriff's office is booked for July. The only reason I go this date was someone cancelled. Also, they do not do eviction on the weekends, it was explained to me that most people are working during the week and less likely to have any violence.

I appreciate you guys offering and I know everyone can't just take off. I have the luxury of moving appointments and meetings to clear the way for a few hours.

I will post pics of the evictees and the pile of crap we throw out.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Jason, where are we taking all the stuff? Are you just throwing it out in the yard or what? Sucks that the people are bailing on the rent. Are these the same people you 'traded' houses with? How the hell did they ever get financing on the mansion you live in now??

Definitely let me know if you can't find anyone by next week, I don't have a problem taking a day off to help you out in a pinch.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Damn - I'm in the same boat and booked with meeting's in VA that day. I've been in this position before many, many, times. Evicted quite a few people, and often the sheriff's require you to have a specific amount of people on hand. Here are some options / ideas for you.

1. Take a drive down to University BLVD that morning
2. Call a temp / day labor agency
3. Call a moving company

Also, Keep in mind they probably have the ability to pay in full up until the time the Sheriff arrives to avoid eviction. If they do you will likely go through this process all over again in three months. PITA - but I deal with it all the time. Good luck!

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I don't have to be at work til 2pm. Do we get to just toss their crap on the yard?! If so I'm in!

There's nothing like getting the green light to publicly embarrass people with police approval!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I don't have to be at work til 2pm. Do we get to just toss their crap on the yard?! If so I'm in!

There's nothing like getting the green light to publicly embarrass people with police approval!

It's almost like you were made for this job :thumbsup:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Jason, where are we taking all the stuff? Are you just throwing it out in the yard or what? Sucks that the people are bailing on the rent. Are these the same people you 'traded' houses with? How the hell did they ever get financing on the mansion you live in now??

Definitely let me know if you can't find anyone by next week, I don't have a problem taking a day off to help you out in a pinch.

The proceeds from the sale of the house went into a 1 an account for rent. They have didged rent to a couple months, the husband got fired from his job for banging his secretary. She has no job and somehow managed to keep up with the rent except for May and June.

Damn - I'm in the same boat and booked with meeting's in VA that day. I've been in this position before many, many, times. Evicted quite a few people, and often the sheriff's require you to have a specific amount of people on hand. Here are some options / ideas for you.

1. Take a drive down to University BLVD that morning
2. Call a temp / day labor agency
3. Call a moving company

Also, Keep in mind they probably have the ability to pay in full up until the time the Sheriff arrives to avoid eviction. If they do you will likely go through this process all over again in three months. PITA - but I deal with it all the time. Good luck!

Tim

I already have a couple guys from my dad's company that are going to come down. He is allocated their time on the clock as sewer cleaning.

The good thing is she is supposed to be be out on the 31st anyway, but I'm not letting her stay there for free just to be nice. AA County laws is once judgement is passed, and no payment is made, you can file for eviction in 5 business days.

Toss it right on the curb and if it's still there the next day, it goes into a dumpster.

It's almost like you were made for this job :thumbsup:

I think we all like breaking shit especially when it's not your own.

TRBO VNM

well, if it comes down to it, let me know. isn't like it is a full day, so I can work half day and not be an issue. we don't need to let them know weeks in advance about taking off.

so just let me know.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Oh this sounds right up my alley.

I'll let you know Jason!

It sure is, just let me know

sounds like fun......wish it was on a weekend though

It would make it easier!

well, if it comes down to it, let me know. isn't like it is a full day, so I can work half day and not be an issue. we don't need to let them know weeks in advance about taking off.

so just let me know.

Timmay might be helping out, he's checking the schedule.

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
I actually have off that day, but that's a looong ride for me. If I were closer I'd be there!

Evan5469

Established Member
I'm 99% sure I'm in for this Jason. I know I have off the 16th as of right now but there's a small chance that could change. Would we just be meeting at your house first or meeting at the rental property?

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You can meet me at my house Evan. I'll drive, I wouldn't want your car down there in case she flips.

I've gotten some really good, nasty, profanity laced emails after I gave her a courteous email to let her know the sheriff was coming. I figured it was better than the sheriff knocking on the door, and a bunch of bulls getting ready to go into the china shop, at the door.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I've gotten a bunch of PM, so let me clarify this. She has not paid rent, the court has rendered judgment in my favor. She still has not paid and the court has signed the eviction and given it to the Sheriff to execute.

Users who are viewing this thread