Need some help with the 04 Gator..

VincodeY

Established Member
Wife's truck took a dump yesterday coming home from work. The rear air suspension is on the ground, layin' frame, so to speak. I've checked the bags and they appear to be fine. So I'm thinking its the main relay for the compressor or the compressor itself. However, I cant find the Relay. Anyone have any experience with Ford's Air Ride suspension? Thanks in advance.

denn5656

Established Member
info

first off did this truck come with air bags from the factory?? i had a bagged truck in the past and the only time all my airbags dumped like that is if i lost all my air pressure out of my tank because the valves do not have check valves. i know that sounds crazy but its true. or your switch could be stuck to the down position. but if this is a way different setup then i'm just typing this for nothing :bored:.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Why was this thread posted in the Terminator forum? Seems like Roadside would be a better place for it....

VincodeY

Established Member
Navigator's come factory with a sort of air ride. Its posted here because I wasnt sure where to post it, and I know there are some of us who have navi's. However, I'm sure the mods can move it if it for you.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
They usually leak between the air spring and the mount plate and it is usually the actual plate that is bad.

It's fine that you want to fix it yourself but get it tested first by someone who knows these trucks!
Or you will be buying more parts than you may need.

The older Navis have a more robust system, IE: rears only, my 99 is still on the original bags and compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread