Need some Help Beginner SVT Lightning 02

JorgeeSVT02

I need some help on trying to add some juice on my truck. I am not trying to go all out any ideas will help. I heard about the pulleys and the blower do I NEED to dyno my truck if i add these features? please help

plattSVT

I have a few questions in regards to future mods. I have read the FAQ in relation to which mods should be completed first and got some feed back from Hurricane Performance and Tuners Inc. Currently, I have oil separator, heat exchanger, 4lb lower pulley, new plugs, 180 thermostat, Bassani exhaust, and a really good tune job. My 02 L is currently running 400RWHP and 500 Torque max power. I asked what the next logical step would be and they replied... Not much more because the motor can only handle so much. I read about the "shift kit", and that it is an excellent upgrade for the money, but they tell me it's not worth a damn with my truck with its current statistics. Many individuals have told me about upgrading to a whipple, but I hear that it pushes the motor beyond what it's capable of. What should I do if anything? What would be the best logical step for my next upgrade?

mizlplix

Established Member
Think "Powdered metal rods". Every single rod made has it's own failing point. No one can accurately guess what it would be.

My question back to you is....How far do you feel you can push it?

(Your set up is really good for what you did. But I feel even there, you are near a rod letting go."
Miz

Users who are viewing this thread