Need some good info from you AZ guys please :)

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
So my Wife and I are thinking about moving out there and just wanted to know how you guys like it there? Hows traffic and crime? Is there a good range of employment available?

Thanks!

nucworker

Established Member
Employment all depends on your craft/trade/expertise. I moved away for a year and a half and will be moving back next month. The car scene is killer there. Summer time is a little spotty but cars are still out. Winter time is awesome. There are a lot of meet and greets on friday and saturday nights. Crime is everywhere no matter what state you live in, just be cautious. Gun laws are great (open carry or concealed) this is a pretty good crime deterrent. If you are coming from California, we ask that you leave the politics at the border. You are leaving for a reason, don't try to make Arizona just like the state you left.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
That's good to know bro. We're both super conservative so that's one of the reasons we're looking at AZ actually. Nice that gun laws are that way too as I strongly believe in 2nd admendment rights.

nucworker

Established Member
So your a conservative gun owning car guy, come on over. Glad to have ya. What part of AZ are you lookin at?

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
right on bro, yeah we arent quite sure yet, looked at a few places in Mesa and Scottsdale. Would like to be in a good area thats good for rasing a family

Sick SVT

Established Member
I moved out here a year ago from San Diego. It's different. It's hot in the summer, awesome weather in the winter, way cheaper cost of living, a bit more laid back lifestyle and people generally seem a bit nicer. Socal has its snobs. Check out Gilbert or chandler if your looking for a nice family town. We love Gilbert.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
I moved out here a year ago from San Diego. It's different. It's hot in the summer, awesome weather in the winter, way cheaper cost of living, a bit more laid back lifestyle and people generally seem a bit nicer. Socal has its snobs. Check out Gilbert or chandler if your looking for a nice family town. We love Gilbert.

That all sounds way good. I'm still in shock on the kind of homes you can get out there for the $$ compared to here. How close are you to the track btw?

MFE

Established Member
East side is pretty legit, but there are pockets like south Mesa, central Chandler around the Arizona Avenue corridor that are crime-infested shitholes. In North Phoenix you need to avoid "The Square" around 32nd and Greenway like the plague. West side, stay northwest of about 43rd Ave and Cactus and you're good to go. South central Phoenix is also infested. South of South Mountain is Ahwatukee, it's beautiful there and almost all very well kept, the only issue is there's no way around the mountain but to come back out to I-10. That's why it's called "the world's largest cul-de-sac".

Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park with its drag strip and two (maybe someday three again) road courses are close to most of the east side, at I-10 and Wild Horse Pass Blvd south of the 202.

Sick SVT

Established Member
That all sounds way good. I'm still in shock on the kind of homes you can get out there for the $$ compared to here. How close are you to the track btw?

It takes me about 20 mins to get to the track. Not far at all. Ya home prices are crazy cheap compared to socal. Me and the wife went looking at some this morning. 300k gets you at least an 800-900k house in socal.

Users who are viewing this thread